Werewolf S06: An Emperor in Atari

At the end of Day Shift 1 @yebellz was found dead.

Day Shift 1 has ended
Players may no longer interact in their designated threads, until the next shift.

6 Likes

Night of January 30th, 6710 ε.Κ.

Søtsten walked briskly into his office, trying to let some of that freeze outside.

Something seemed odd, like someone had messed with his papers. He knew trying to find what happened in that wasp’s nest was useless, but decided to carry the more sensitive papers under his shirt and lock the rest. Not that locks meant much.

Yannis had left him a report*, unusual of him. He read and his forehead was lined with concern. So, it had begun. The wolves were on the hunt. Without thinking much of it, he had omitted informing Yannis of the note, but this mysterious death made that decision conscious.

Those rugged rich would probably know something, he would have to miss not a single whisper these following nights. Given their predilection to surviving, they would probably keep tabs on things themselves.

His first round was usually uneventful, but he heard some weird rasping sounds from @Claire_Yang’ cell. He was grasping his neck, coughing, but otherwise in good shape. Søtsten approached the bars, but kept a safe distance.

-Να πάρει (Na parei/ dang), that merchant had probably mixed some questionable dust in the flour again. Hey prisoner, keep it down. Hang in there, it’s just a sore throat, you’ll be fine for breakfast.

@Claire_Yang would have a sore throat for a few hours, but he would be fine by tomorrow. Not much Søtsten could do, and in any case nobody (including himself) was in that Tower to have a good time.

*and a sketch. Leiros, that βλαξ, more immature than newbie guards.

6 Likes

Night Shift 2 has started
Players can interact during the night, until Day Shift starts at 2021-02-10T18:00:00Z

OoC: @claire_yang has Emoji Disease and will only be able to post emojis for night phase 2.

6 Likes

Who do you think is an Assassin and should be reported to the Night Warden for execution?

Good night, fellow traitors, I can’t see, is everybody still alive and well?

Has anybody found any clues on the assassin yet?

1 Like

Well, if yebellz said anything genuinely provocative last night I most certainly missed it. It seems the assassins were operating randomly, and randomness is probably all we’re left with, if we choose to report anyone at all.

Friends, colleagues, feel free to jump in here anytime.

4 Likes

It is sad, yebellz used to be a very dependable and good friend, a keen mind, he would have been an excellent partner in the predicament we currently find ourselves in, were it not that he seemed to have lost his mind.

I see no reason to suspect any of us yet, either.

4 Likes

I agree. Let us not be hasty.

2 Likes

:zzz: :sleeping::sleeping_bed: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :pensive: :zipper_mouth_face:

:pray: :man_white_haired: :angel:
:bowing_woman: :no_good_woman: :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

OOC translation attempt: I was sleeping and I got sick and now I can’t talk. Please save me. Please don’t kill me.

I hope I didn’t fail that.

IC: “Goodnight fellow inmates”, said Zal at last. “Sorry for being a bit shy last night. It isn’t usual to see so many new people at once. Even when I get lucky, it is usually at most two visitors, let alone another prisoner. I unfortunately have not been able to come to any conclusions about these assassins yet. I want to hope they won’t show up tonight, although this may be an empty hope”.

4 Likes

:ok_woman:

:pray: :man_white_haired:

:thinking::ear: :question::supervillain:

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

As the sunsets and the whispers start… I gather my blanket around my shoulders and move closer to share thoughts with the condemned.

καλημέρα we live to drink another night air…

I listened to the whispers and screams last night… And a Janus is in our midst. The one who screamed in fear… An actor in truth, wearing a mask of fear! I think he is one with a dagger who but pretends to be afraid and blind… Indeed what Noble man would carry on like that?

We know why we are here and no blind man will become emperor.

3 Likes

I’d just like to point out that it was quite obvious to me from the moment this yebellz opened his mouth that he had lost his mind. The man called himself cauliflower and claimed to be a vassal of all things. Imagine! A mere vassal speaking with a tongue that could just as easily belong to old Isaakios himself!

Now, on to the matter of who did this.

Ruby looks around nervously, out of habit more than anything else. Upon remembering his newfound state of blindness decided to listen for a moment and continue in a quieter voice.

I think the guards might be in on this thing. I overheard them whispering and passing things back and forth when they walked past at shift change. If there’s one thing anyone knows, it’s that a man’s greed often far outweighs his honor. I think a few coins might improve our situation dramatically. If anyone has any relatives or trustworthy friends nearby, perhaps we can get out of this place.

Hears footsteps approaching in the corridor

Cough, Cough. It’s exactly as I was saying Lord @Vsotvep. You wouldn’t possibly have the support to install yourself as emperor! Even in this room you have those whom would conspire against you! That fellow, @fiddlehead I believe it was, even came to accuse you upon first meeting. What are we to make of that?!

3 Likes

"It seemed like the lad’s mind had gone, sure enough. Isn’t it a shame for the body to continue on when the soul has taken flight? I wonder, though what man himself in right mind would dull his blade on a lunatic’s throat?

How many times in our lives do we play an acted part, taking off one costume and putting on another more suited? – the peasant becomes the merchant, the merchant the lord, the lord the king, and then king, in time, the fugitive and exile, and finally a departed spirit, as cold and pure as a spring wind.

What if the youth had only been making a pretence of insanity, taking on the voice of the harmless fool and shielding himself from hostile eyes? Who injures the jester but with japes? It’s no easy thing, though, for a man – no doubt of noble stock and title – to cast off the shackles of Pride, which have grown so familiar to him; only the touch of fear can easily loosen their embrace.

Perhaps the youth you call Cauliflower – though I never heard him utter that name – was the Emperor, and even a drunken tongue couldn’t slow his path to to Peter’s Gate, when the Father called for him. In that case we may at least hope that the bloodshed is at an end; but still, let’s keep our guard, and pray for safe passage for his soul, whether his blood flowed with blue ink or black."

5 Likes

Lord Ruby, you may recall that while I expressed concern about Lord Vsotvep’s politics, I also expressed skepticism regarding the likelihood of him being an assassin. That is still my position.

I think it’s important to remember that these assassins arrived here at the same time as the rest of us. I would imagine that they already knew a little something about their intended victims, and very likely had an idea about the layout of this prison. But they couldn’t possibly have known who would be in what cell, how we would be positioned relative to each other. And they certainly had no more idea than we do about the identity of our supposed seer. They would not have acted according to some predetermined plan. Where deception is concerned it seems highly unlikely that either would have done such a thing without first consulting with their partner. And we know they had no opportunity to consult last night.

For this reason, I’m inclined to believe that neither Lord Vsotvep nor Lord Ruby is an assassin. That being said, I do find Lord Ruby’s response to the accusation from Lord Nightstalker evasive and therefore troubling. It’s understandable that a man under duress may try to forestall a violent death with whatever means are at hand. But there will be consequences, and we’re seeing that now. Accusations are not easily shaken off in these circumstances.

3 Likes

Lord Fiddle I believe you answered your own statement when u mentioned evasion. But please keep your voice down or we may lose more than our eyes…

4 Likes

I beg your pardon, but what are you talking about Lord fiddle? I recall no such accusation nor my response to it. Don’t tell us you’ve succumbed to the madness as well.

In one breath, you both say I am not an assassin and that you find me troubling! I honestly do not know what to think of these words.

4 Likes

I claim no special insight in this affair, but I stand by everything I’ve said so far, and I urge you all to weigh everyone’s words very carefully.

2 Likes

Twister of words is he not… You will wake in the netherworld with his knife in your back…

2 Likes

Poor guy… El Ka-Oz shakes his head in sorrow.
I just hope he wasn’t one of those prisoners with special connections or abilities who could help us to find the assassins.

Listen, fellow prisoners - even though we don’t have any information about the assassins yet, we need to make a basic plan on how to proceed.
I believe, the one among us who is still able to see did not spot an assassin on the previous day. Thus, I think it is too early for this seer to speak out, and he should at least wait until next night.

As soon as the seer speaks out, it is, I hope, clear to everybody that he needs to be protected by the smuggler. But, if I remember correctly, the smuggler can only protect the seer for one more night and then has to choose another cell, which will leave the seer unprotected. And the smuggler should, of course, not reveal himself under any circumstances.

Does everyone agree with me? Is there someone we want to be checked by the seer specifically?
Maybe Fiddlehead, because of the confusion he (intentionally or not?) caused with his statement above?

1 Like