What are the rules?

Ihave clicked on your link, and I see myself as 21k. That is how I ranked myself, using my own judgement. However, my rank it shows now as ? question mark.

I found the info re 434 games. I dont think that I have played that much. Is there a different way to find how many games have one played?

The game history on your profile is 48 pages of 10 games, so maybe you played actually more than 470 games.

The system anyway has no clue about your rank because all of your games are “non-ranked”. Just play few ranked games and you’ll see your rank estimated.

I see, thanks. How do i go about getting ranked? Who do I contact?

1 Like

Can you tell me how did you find the link to my history?

How do i one get to be ranked?

When you create the game, tick the box marked ‘ranked’ or accept other peoples games that are ranked games.
I’m fairly sure the Quick-Match-Finder also creates ranked games but I don’t usually use it. Too slow.

To find your game history: Click on ‘Profile’ at the top of the home page and you will find a plethora of information including past games.

2 Likes

Sorry. I am supposed to tick “ranked” …even I m not? And I do play w ranked players. That has not ranked me.

Checking the ranked box marks the game as a “Ranked game”.

As you win and lose ranked games, you will get an online go rank. Your online go server (OGS) rank will be updated after every ranked game win and loss. This rank will show up on your profile.

2 Likes

“Checking the ranked box marks the game as a “Ranked game”.” Can you explain this? Where is the ranked box?

I took this screenshot. Is it here where it says “ranked” that i need to put a tick?

2 Likes

yup. ^___^

The system may need a few wins and losses from ranked games before it can estimate your rank but having an accurate rank will make it easier to arrange good matches.
Good luck and enjoy.

2 Likes

Yes, it is.

1 Like

@goodgogame: in the same screenshot you can choose your color. I noticed that you always play as white. If you like, you could change this setting to automatic or random to play as black sometimes.

You could also uncheck the rank restriction to be able to play against stronger or weaker opponents. I believe it could be very intriguing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I sent a screenshot the other day c/s I would like to know whether the “checked” box that I was told is the one that Im thinking of. Do I need to put a check mark as “ranked” …even though I m not ranked?

I stll dont know what my rank is… Thanks

Ok…sorry I see now the response. 'll check that box. Cheers

3 Likes