What do you all think about using AI to help play in unranked games with AI?

It’s not that it’s “an abuse”, but people like @Tokumoto suffer from getting too high of a rank and need to essentially give free rating points away to others to get their rank back. Since mods can no longer adjust ranks manually, there really isn’t a good solution for him any more.

3 Likes

I’m not aware of what the Tokumoto situation is. At face value (based on what you said) it sounds like it needs to be reported.

It’s a bit similar to something like Dwyrin playing unranked sandbagging games with nobody complaining

I guess V. didn’t remember this thread from the year before:

@Eugene 8 months later I know but I missed it the first time…

I think using a bot against a bot is a bit dodgy, even in unranked games. Just because that game is still a public record of a game that “you” played; except you didn’t really, a bot did. Unless there was some way to make it crystal clear for the public record that you used a bot, then it feels like a lie. Maybe if the game was also private, then maybe that would be ok as it’s not in the public record. Although one might still want to somehow identify the game as having used a bot, even if it is private so as not to lie to your future self if you forget. Just calling it bot v bot game might be enough.

3 Likes

I get the moral argument of “its wrong”. But, its unranked so who cares. Players lie on the internet all the time and there is nothing that says they can’t. Obviously for ranked games the story is different.

1 Like