1 Mistake COST me the Game

It would be stupid if your opponent was a good player who hadn’t already been playing bad moves filling in his own eyes, but as your opponent was a noob who was already filling in his own eyes I think this was actually somewhat clever rather than stupid. Of course once you and opponent get a bit stronger it should stop, but for now let’s let noobs be noobs and learn go without suggesting their behaviour is cheating.

Why did you punch yourself in the head?
I thought my opponent would start punching themselves in the head.

Is quite different to:

Why did you punch yourself in the head?
I thought my opponent would continue punching themselves in the head and knock themselves out before I did myself.

3 Likes

The simpler the better. In my knowledge Chinese is the simplest & closest to the original pure GO, in today’s world.

1 Like

I was so frustrated with that move that i couldnt handle my emotions while creating this post…
This post is pretty vague i admit.

2 Likes

thanks for the feedback sir. Ill try my best to implement all your advices.
btw, i couldnt find pincer. Can u provide the link?

1 Like

This is a reply to the OP. Go games are frequently exquisitely sensitive to the quality of each move. If you are familiar with the game of Tetris, it goes along very calmly at first, with pieces coming down slowly and plenty of time to plan a strategy. But later in the game, pieces come down quickly and a single mistake can be impossible to recover from due to lack of time and lines.

Go doesn’t have the same speedup, but in many situations each move counts, and a single mistake can lose a group. Before you know it, two or three mistakes can cost a game.

This is particularly apparent in 9x9 games, as in this posting, which is why an experienced middle-kyu player can sometimes win without a handicap against a dan-level player who is not used to the relative unforgivingness of playing 9x9 games.

1 Like