10.000 forum users 💥

I’ve seen the number of forum users steadily rise in the last few weeks and months.
One of these days OGS will welcome the 10.000th forum user.

Not something I want to let pass by without noticing it.
Congratulations to all of us.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find a cake with 10.000 candles, so we have to settle for less. :boom:

12 Likes

Time to create 12 alts.

@李建澔2 This is not the way to get stats. I hope you’re joking.

5 Likes

Yes it is .

credit to that twitter tweet.

1 Like

I didn’t say it’s not “a” way to get stats. I said it’s not “the” way to get stats. As in, the proper way.

12 Likes

It’s almost Christmas too.

1 Like

8 Likes

:partying_face: :confetti_ball: :tada:

3 Likes

The “About” page also provides some stats at the bottom:
https://forums.online-go.com/about
Note: you can hover your mouse over the approximate numbers to see the exact number

According to that page, we currently have 10,094 users, which contradicts the 10,000 listed on the user stats page. Note that there have only been 793 active users in the past 30 days.

We are also approaching 10K topics (currently at 9,862).

5 Likes

Thanks. Learning new things everyday on this forum :slight_smile:
So in updating the user stats page there is delay. I wonder how long that delay is.
The daily increase in last few days varied between approximately 8-12 new users.
A careful conclusion based on not enough data would suggest that there is a delay of one week.

4 Likes

I think for most user stats, the delay is just one day, but for counting the overall number of users, I think there is another source of discrepancy: maybe the user stats page only counts those users that actually generate measurable stats. Some accounts are maybe dummy/system accounts, while others may have created an account, but then immediately left the forums without generating any stats.

By the way, @Atorrante, you gave me my 10,000th like on this forum (on the post above).

Edit: and @Gia got 9,999 and 10,001.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 10K likes.
Go for the next 10K!

4 Likes

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Or something.

5 Likes

But …

2 Likes