10k v. 7k Friendly Match, 25m MT 3x10s BY, 237 moves, unranked

Hello again!

I am requesting a review for a recent game I had. I might not be around for a day or so; if you want to leave a review on the game when I am not around, that is alright. If you want to review with me, please message me and we can schedule a time that works for both of us. Below are some specific requests; you can touch on any number of them if any at all. I only ask that the whoever reviews my game plays at a higher level than I do.

I believe this game was a little more complicated than the last one I posted here.

Specific requests:

1. I am only familiar with a few joseki, so if you’d like to play out more favorable variations on the board that would be greatly appreciated. In particular, I’d like to see how the lower left should have played out.
  2. Move 23 was my mistake, as I allowed my opponent to get an extra stone for free (the empty triangle proverb rings true yet again). I did not want to just play D18; was there a better option?
  3. Move 47 was a probe, but it ended up being quite crucial. Was this acceptable at the time, or should I have approached one of the corners instead?
  4. I felt that there should have been a way for me to surround the running white group (around move 106); am I mistaken?
  5. Upon reaching move 124, I felt that the group was probably alive. I decided to secure some territory. Was move 125 acceptable, was there a better option, or should I have approached the lower right corner?
  6. It seems obvious now, but just to be sure, N11 was definitely bigger than move 141, right?
  7. I took a while think about move 167. Was it the best move given my situation?
  8. Was move 186 a mistake? I would have played Q7 myself, without hesitation.
  9. There was no way to live in the lower right corner, right?

Thank you.
Here is the game: https://online-go.com/game/5810446

To be honest, there’s not much to say about this game. Your opponent just made two huge mistakes in the opening, and by move 80 the game was over. Still, here are some comments on the opening https://online-go.com/review/170625

Next time, please post a game where you did your best but still lost, it will be much more productive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, VincentCB.
I will be sure to post a game where I did my best but still lost next time.