13K happy to help beginners 20K or lower

I am limited in my skillset but love to learn by teaching, perhaps if you are just getting started I can be of assistance.

8 Likes

I am very interested in practicing ladders. Please let me know. Thank you

1 Like

Sounds great I need the practice to! Challenge me privately anytime maybe ladders in the name?

1 Like

I’m just starting and will take any insights or instruction available!

4 Likes

I would also appreciate some assistance in learning!

3 Likes

Hello i am self taught i know whats in the booklet that came with the game and a feq video on YouTube could use some tips on game play i dont have a rank on here would love to achieve at least 18kyu look for king james

1 Like

Hello nice to meet you. My advice is simple: play a lot first, don’t focus on ranking, don’t ask that much on theory of the game.
The first step is basic practice , like surviving ,closing boundaries, counting liberties when fighting and that only yourself can learn playing it’s not possible to teach you how to see a atari.

When you will feel more confortable then you can seek a few advice from stronger looking at your games or learn fundamentals to try in your games .

Keep fun in your discovery!

3 Likes

Sent you a challenge - best

1 Like

Hi, I played this game some minutes ago iammadab vs. emailgosu, was surprised I lost. My opponent told me after the game that I could take the left side but not sure how I would have done this.

Thanks for reaching out- for your rank you did fine but there were some fun an key moments where you could crush them . I will review later for you :star_struck:

Dear friends,

I need your advice.
Can you tell me, why in this game White won only two points? It seems, that white should win 9+7+6,5 points and black only 4+5 points… (Japanese rules)

Thank you!

1 Like

Goquest uses Chinese rules

B 43
W 38+7=45

[Edit: I guess black could have scored higher in Japanese rules by not filling in own territory so the score difference could have also been 2 in Japanese rules]

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! I was sure, that there is Japanese rules in the GoQuest… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also, maybe you know how to configure OGS on Japanese rules for playing with computer? I change it in the settings, but every time game starts with Chinese rules :frowning:
There is no any problem when you are playing against human.

Bots all use Chinese rules.

Just play humans!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

For my fellow newbies considering hitting up @UJ35812, you should definitely do it. They’ve done a great job helping me start to get comfortable with the game. 100% would recommend reaching out.

1 Like