16 kyu (myself) vs 13 kyu, I lost playing my best, I would appreciate a review from a stronger player

I am pretty new to go and am eager to improve. I had a game recently which I really enjoyed and I though I was playing well by my usual standard but I still lost by a large proportion (>30 points). If a player with more insight than me could offer a review of the game so I could improve I would be very grateful.

I think that my biggest weakness is middle game as start to come into the middle and form framework, that is where I feel that I start to lose, but it could just be that is when I notice. I wrote the few modest thoughts I think may have improved the game in a review.below.

Game

My attempt small review thoughts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for providing your thoughts first. Since you’re just starting, you’re having the most trouble with fundamentals, namely, staying connected (moves 11, 19, 21, 25) and following your opponent around the board (moves 21, 45, 47, 101-15) and playing too long in one area (moves 27, 29, 81, 107-15). Enjoy the review!

Thank you so much for the feedback, your review is amazingly insightful and has given me a lot to think about.

1 Like