2022: HOLD MY TEA! 🍵

I’m not sure the title of the spouse is the equivalent.

Prince is πρίγκιπας in Greek, but king is different than a prince.

If the queen is ruling, her husband is prince because a king would be above her hierarchically.

4 Likes

In English, one could clarify what type of queen with phrases like “Queen Regnant” vs “Queen Consort”.

Again, we observe that the ogf dwellers cannot resist returning to the familiar comfort of linguistics

5 Likes

Yes, in Dutch as wel, koning & koningin, similar gender rule as vriend & vriendin (friend).

Unfortunately we’re still stuck with a (rather stupid) king…

This is the same in Dutch and German.

4 Likes

Is the concept of a crowned Queen common in Europe? (from 1500 - today?)
I thought that most times the boss queen is a widow or a mother and in most countries they wouldn’t crown a girl even if it meant war.

4 Likes

Norway’s current first born is a girl, but her younger brother will be king. (in the vein of this thread, the tea is she’s marrying a shaman, known grifter).

I think other countries are moving past “only the first boy counts”, but what do we expect from monarchy, to be progressive? :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Our previous three monarchs were queens who were just first in line in the inheritance. The current crown princess is as well. We haven’t ever had a widow queen, since they wouldn’t be part of the Dutch lineage.

I think most monarchies in Europe work like this, with equal primogeniture, including Norway. We’ve had a prince give up his royal inheritance because he married a friend of a drug lord. For some reason our king got away with marrying the daughter of a minister of the Argentina’s genocidal dictator Videla without having to do the same.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Well, it seems we have to wait a generation, then, for Norway…

1 Like

I will make no comment :rofl: :innocent: :rofl:

It is just that I remember that he was busy and only received positions of office becase the people demanded of him to sacrifice his precious time for them … how odd. :innocent:

1 Like

Same word король - королева / korolʹ - koroléva
Also царь - царица / tsar - tsaritsa
Also lol

Also we kept old-style name for chess queen - ferz.

5 Likes

“we”? So you’re somewhere not too far from my place? I’m seated in the navel of the Lüneburg Heath (yeah, some fluff here also).

Yup, “er ist noch Jungfrau” etc. Quite weird.

4 Likes

Hamburg-Bergedorf, just around the corner.

2 Likes

Last time I checked, that’s considered Southern Germany North of the Elbe :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yep, in Harburg fängt Bayern an! :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting. Next generation of car thieves gonna use thief apps.

Ich war 18 Jahre lang Quiddje (Grindelallee Hinterhof) … davor han iCH emol drie Johr in Donaueschingä g’läbt … Süddeutschland fängt bei Hannover an :nerd_face:

1 Like


(Mortality by age)

I never realized it has shape like that. Whatever this shows.

6 Likes

You know what, Mǎ Tiānyǔ? Mood.

2 Likes

Risky and stupid teenager behaviour I guess.

2 Likes

Why not driving licence? :grin:

Where is it from?
Which country or continent or whatever?

2 Likes