25k requesting teaching game + analysis of previous games

Hi there RedAgeny14,

@SanDiego Is absolutelly right in what he said.

But i would suggest a few things also. There are many resourses That are listed in the OGS forums. But to make life easier for you, here is a link: OGS Link Collection

Check out some of the youtube channels. I personally recomend you taking a look at Nick Sibiky. He does hour long lessons on GO, not just about how to play but different ways to play the game and why people use these different ways.

As silly as it sounds, the Anime Hikaru No GO will actually help teach you some of the basic principles of the game as well as entertain you. And if you dont want to watch it, then you can read the manga/ comic books.

But… there is one piece of advice that will help you more than anything else i could teach you or suggest to you… and that is to play. Play as many games as possible. Do not rush these games at all, but with each game there is an oppertunity to learn something new. And with every new game, there is new material there that you can use to work out what worked well in a game, and work on what perhaps didn’t work so well.

And lastly, dont lose heart… Many people, no matter how strong they are lose games. Go, while being a game, is something that takes a life time to really master. So take your time and be patient with yourself.

If you ever need someone to answer a few questions for you, or to take a look at a game, or whatever, hit me up, either message me on here in the forrums, or send me a chat message on the actual site.

I wish you luck my friend.

3 Likes