3kvs5k - Questions about the opening in this game, and where it went wrong

Hello OGS review community!

I just played a game, and I need some help. I am mainly concerned about the opening in this game, and where I went wrong and what moves may have led to a more balanced game, I looked over it myself and already added some commentary with questions, I hope you can take a look at it and give me some more hints and insight.

Here is the game: http://online-go.com/review/39164

I welcome any input regardless of rank :smile: thanks!

Hi !

I tried to give some variations and thoughts in the revision. I’m not 100% sure of everything (obviously) and may other ogs players can correct or improve my commentaries.

If something is unclear, please tell me !

Have a nice day

1 Like

Thank you very much SimeonG, that really clarified things for me, I can’t even point out a single thing I found great, because I found all your comments great! :smile:

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my variations and for pointing out that you would’ve moved out with G17, move 35, when I thought about that move, I just saw his left group and didn’t even consider the cut that you pointed out! I really just thought about points when I played move 40 at the bottom, and didn’t even really think that the top area could be regarded as urgent, thanks again :sunny: have a nice day.