9x9 games watchlist

Pros don’t play 9x9, bot games are boring. So I decided to look for strong games on OGS. Here’s three.

This one is already in yose and it’s a close one, maybe even half a point game. So a good endgame practice for us. These guys played recently already, and in the same manner game was decided by careful splitting the board.

Second one is this, basically yose also.

And this one is still pretty open.

12 Likes

I’m currently in the title match for Meijin Nines Title Tournament 2018. It’s early though, and my opponent has been using vacation and weekend pausing to play as little as possible…

2 Likes

Here’s a whole playlist of it:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the video play list.

1 Like

It’s a shame we’ve gotten to the point where 9x9 players are put on a watchlist. Understandable though.

2 Likes

Another one between YennyYoung and Baklan.

This must be a good one

2 Likes

Sharing this one for the tesuji at 25. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

and as an aside; This really needs fixing one day:

Bby0

5 Likes

I agree as well.

1 Like

Nice.

2 Likes

I didn’t play the game below perfectly, but I did find a cool game-winning play at move 42.

3 Likes

Happy.

The AI path at 14/15 is hard to understand. We both missed it. Besides that, I think the losing move was either 3 or 7.

3 Likes

There are several pros who play 9x9 on GoQuest:

• spaceman (Ohashi Hirofumi)
  • naotin15 (Mannami Nao)
  • bluedragon (Shibano Ryunosuke)
    There may be others, as these three are no longer at the top of the ranking.
2 Likes

congratulations :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Correspondence game. White’s first move is typically not played. But somehow white managed to stay within reasonable score more or less.

2 Likes

Both Yoonyoung and Yeonwoo have been playing 9x9 there over the past year and posting videos.

2 Likes

I got schooled.

https://senseis.xmp.net/?PattingTheRaccoonsBelly

11 Likes

To even reach a position like that one needs to be high dan

Spicy also appreciated

6 Likes