A couple of quick suggestions

I’m making a group for my Go Club, and there are a couple of features that could really help me out, please let me know if any of these are possible:

1. Being able to toggle whether or not a person has to be a ranked member in a group. Many of the people in my go club are not ranked officially in the website, but would still like to be able to join my group’s ladders and tournaments. I know it’s not that simple, but being able to make your group ‘private’ in order to be restricted from making public tournaments, but able to have private tournaments without official ranking so anyone in the group could join would be a huge help. I know this is kinda complicated, feel free to ask questions about it.

2. There is a feature to save a game as an sgf (which is awesome). There is also a feature to make a library of games (which is also awesome). If you want to put a game in your library that you just played, you need to save it as an sgf and upload it again. It would be handy to have some sort of bookmark system that automatically saves a game from the website to your library.

3. This one is very different. It happened to me countless times where I was in a game with someone, and it was very exciting, but then someone timed out at a bad time. I know this is asking a lot, but having a system where the winner-by-timeout is able to extend the game if he so wishes would be a huge help. I personally hate winning by timeout when the game is tough.

Thanks for reading!

3 Likes
  1. You can always use fork game option to finish the game peacefully… :slight_smile:
1 Like
  1. Being able to toggle whether or not a person has to be a ranked member in a group.

One way of quickly establishing a rank is to just play against one of the random bots (9x9). This is not the most elegant way to do it, but it’s one possibility.

Good idea.

1. This one is very different. It happened to me countless times where I was in a game with someone, and it was very exciting, but then someone timed out at a bad time. I know this is asking a lot, but having a system where the winner-by-timeout is able to extend the game if he so wishes would be a huge help. I personally hate winning by timeout when the game is tough.

Do you mean something separate from the pause functionality? There is also the ability to fork the game at the end, as a challenge to the same user (but with reset time controls).

Well the pause option is used when the user has to go do something, not when the user needs more time to think. I’ve tried using the fork function a couple of times, but the game is never the same. This also definitely applies to ladder games, I won many games like this, two this week even, when it wasn’t clear at all that I was going to win otherwise.

Thanks a lot for reading again

In the future we will tune it so that this can be configurable… but as @thouis said, it’s pretty easy to clear the provisional requirement. The main reason for requiring non-provisional players in a lot of things is to exclude people who might show up for a short time and never come back from polluting tournaments and ladders.

We realize this… we’ll be extending the Library a good bit in the near future

We’re still considering this… I guess what we’ve noticed is that 99% of the time if a player is going to lose on timeout it’s because they have abandoned the game.