A decentralized go game app on blockchain

A website and a wallet client (eg. metamask) would work for most people. An existing high volume, low fee public blockchain could be used to host the game. All others needed are few smart contracts and a website.

When an old closed source go server dies then it’s full set of games may be lost forever. Having everything be public would be very good for preserving go history.

2 Likes

Thank you, I think I get it now

So decentralised gambling with Go. I would worry about attracting lower skilled players who presumably need to be tempted to pay into the system for the winners tokens to have some value. And is that what would maintain the Eth/go token exchange rate? Otherwise, where does the value come from to make the tokens won worth more than the fees paid to make moves? All just from the opponent?

And gamblers winnings come from other gamblers losses?

But gambling between people’s AI systems.

The period recording the battle of the AI systems!

5 Likes
  1. What would maintain the ETH/Go Token exchange rate?

The relative value of the Go Token comparing of ETH.

1. Where does the value come from to make the tokens won worth more than the fees paid to make moves?

Where does the value come from? GAAS - Gaming as a service. I’m not sure do people need this or not until it’s made one day. But I did a little bit research about Tencent Go (also named foxwq), a centralized Go gaming platform, has a betting system inside. Considering people are using centralized Go gaming platforms, a 100% transparent, decentralized one could be great.

here’s the screenshot from foxwq made by Tencent

1. All just from the opponent? Gamblers winnings come from other gamblers losses?

My idea about the Tokenomics: A fixed amount of new tokens will be minted out as award for each tournament, token halving will be scheduled to limit the max token supply (similar with bitcoin). For the 1st tournament, as there’s no players could be registered, 1st batch of tokens could be distributed to anyone contributing the initial Token/ETH liquidity pool, all managed by smart contracts to ensure a fair launch.

The biggest challenge would be the transaction fees. Given a fast speed, high volume public blockchain, if the reward of winning a tournament far surpass the transaction costs, all could work out.