A thought: go chat channel

I’m suprised this is such a topic for debate.

I’m fully for a addition Go chat, as the language chats are quite ambiguous in regards to topic. Why force the English chat to limit itself to Go, while other language rooms talk whatever they want.

Furthermore, English chat may be willing to change it’s topic, but most people simply don’t want to butt in, when we are in full discussion. It can’t be seen from the outside, how willing chat is to give up the current topic for Go.

And using Offtopic in the classic way as a place for random music links and for sensitive topics like politics seems more sensible, too, than to force all english chat people into Offtopic all the time

9 Likes

I like the idea of a Go only chat room. On discord I have a general Go discussion and a non-go discussion that are pretty active.

If it is as simple as it is on Discord I don’t see why you couldn’t test rooms for a week or two and if no one uses them then turn it off. That’s what I do on Discord.

5 Likes

When I first joined OGS in December 2016, the English channel was largely about go—believe it or not.

6 Likes

I cant see how anybody can reasonably object to a go only chat room in web site devoted to go.
whether people stick to the " go only " rule, or how popular it is - idk.

6 Likes

How did the english channel change from go to oiling