A UI tweak to avoid misclick (correspondence)

I don’t think you do. I asuume it happens every time there is not enough room for the box to appear below the cursor… Right?

Meaning you can reproduce it anywhere where a name to click is just by resizing the browser to be more narrow for example.

Or maybe I misunderstand the problem :smiley: (happens often)

I dunno yet - I’m not sure whether what controls the placement of that box is controlled by the page invoking it (in which case each one needs to be fixed) or the box itself.

… turns out you’re right: the link has the box attached to it, so only has to be fixed in one place.

1 Like

I’ve submitted a change to fix this.

Up to the devs now to accept (or not!).

Screenshots in the PR: Put the popup above the target element if it doesn't fit below - fixes #607 by GreenAsJade · Pull Request #608 · online-go/online-go.com · GitHub

2 Likes

Happened to me few times also.
I’m for moving submit button closer to the left side and changing its color.

Also, we shouldn’t discard possibility that there may be a bug as it once was Wrong submitted stone bug

1 Like

I play only correspondence and often use conditional moves. The pause button is just below the conditional moves button and is very easy to misclick, especially on iPad. How about an “are you sure you want to pause this game?” message (only for correspondence)?

1 Like

On my Android:

On my PC:

Weird.

Where does the “Submit” button end up on your Android?

Also, what browser is that?

This is what it looks like simulating a phone under Chrome:

(doesn’t change layout for any aspect ratio I’ve tried).

And here it is on my own Android phone (also Chrome browser)

Yes, it’s Chrome for Android.

It seems I had a step forward and back again: I noticed the green buttons in the morning but few hours later they were blue again so I took the screenshot.

Now the analysis mode buttons on my phone are green again, but I have no moves to do, so I can’t check the submit button. I’ll check again later.

@GreenAsJade: now everything is fine. Blues and greens are in the right place.

1 Like

Yeah, really nice fix, this :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

Well - that was really wierd for lysnew - I guess we put it down to browser caching css and move on :slight_smile:

Yay that it’s working now!

1 Like