About the Go Variants category

I can remember that we had a discussion about asking first before changing the titles of threads before, not of changing the category, but I may be missing the latter discussion. In any case, I’m convinced @Atorrante had the best intentions when they changed your thread’s category, and may also have been unaware of earlier discussion about it or about recategorisation.

I went through the history of the category changes of the democratic game, and it seems that not only Atorrante, but also BHydden (2x) and I myself have, in the past, changed the category of the game thread to Forum Games. In the end, it’s a game that is played on the forum, so it’s a forum game.

Like I said, the General Go Discussion category is reserved for topics that don’t fit in a more specific category:

So, I do really think the category should be forum games: even though it is largely comprised of discussion about Go, so do joseki threads, or teaching threads, etc. The general go discussion thread is not for threads that contain generally a lot of Go discussion, but for threads about Go that are not suitable for a more specific category.

3 Likes