AI Review updates 2019-06-19

Thought you hosted on Google servers?

1 Like

Core service stuff yes, but not the AI stuff

1 Like

Hi folks, Iā€™m a bit confused about the interpretation of one an AI-review step on one of my recent games. Itā€™s move 28 over here (btw, is there any way to link into an analysis?).

Two things I find surprising about the analysis here:

• some moves have positive numbers (1.7pp, 4.6pp) which seems theoretically like it shouldnā€™t be possible (itā€™s my move: the value of the board should be the value of my best possible move, so that particular move doesnā€™t change the value of the board while any other move can only decrease it);
  • the move the analysis likes (Q3, blue circle) has value 1.7 while thereā€™s another (P15) with value 4.6: shouldnā€™t it choose the higher-value of the two? (P15 has a much lighter green background than Q3, meaning less variations explored: is this a case of preferring a lower-value higher-certainty result?)

I know there have been problems with positive-move evaluations earlier in this thread but I had the impression those had been solved: maybe how Iā€™m interpreting the analysis results is wacky somehow?

Thanks, and thanks for implementing this feature: Iā€™m learning heaps from it (even if being confronted with my blunders is a little tough on the egoā€¦).

2 Likes