AI Strength has been increased for supporters. Also a new stronger tier has been added, "Meijin Supporter"

Well I was thinking of suggesting naming the new top level after you but I won’t now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

+1

2 Likes

Put the name for a bid. Whoever pays. :joy:

2 Likes

haha ~

1 Like

Putting inseis above pros is kind of weird as inseis are literally wannabe pros. I was thinking kisei / champion as the name, although it sounds quite extravagant…

2 Likes

I think we have to redefine the term “insei” in times of AI, because nowadays after you are a “pro” you start learning to get to AI Level as an insei, so this is where sincere studies nowadays start, actually there are no pros anymore only AI is pro :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is no account detail on my subscription history, when I start and where I am in the annual automatic renew cycle(I don’t even know if that’s what I chose.)

So how does the payment system re-calculating my “balance” or recalibrate my cycle if I upgrade in the middle of my annual cycle?

If I use a different credit card to upgrade, I assume it will stop my auto renew with the old credit card and use the new one going forward?

1 Like

@txwolf Yeah that’s a manual thing right now, I’m actively working on updating the billing system for a lot of reasons, and as part of that I’m going to add pro-rating like that. Right now though, it doesn’t do it.

However, just let me know when you change and I’ll refund you the difference. And thanks for the support!

6 Likes

Haha, I found all the details I wanted. Lots of secret on this site, i guess.

https://online-go.com/api/v1/me/supporter

I think I will just cancel my subscription later and reward myself a higher version when I reach kgs 1d.

Spoiler

I’m a little confused. I looked at the page that shows the support level and it says that $3 a month is for “professional strength” and $5 a month is for “moderately deep reading”. Such descriptions seem confusing. Which is stronger, “professional” or “moderately deep”?

Hi, are you a good go player? Yes, I’m professional!

How about you, are you good? Sure am. I’m moderately deep!

8 Likes

I agree a name of a fancy pro title like Honinbo, Meijin, Kuksu (for some non Japanese) would be better than ‘insei’ for levels above ‘pro’.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Thank you, good game!

1 Like

Yuss :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions to replace Insei, I went with Meijin as Senseis teaches me that it’s original meaning was master / expert and there was (at most) only one Meijin at a time, the undisputed strongest player, so it seemed fitting. Certainly better than Insei :wink:

15 Likes

I hope there will be more :joy:.

Good choice.

5 Likes

DDK was a solid option… troll opportunity missed :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I think “Grandmaster” would have been a bigger trolling option

11 Likes