AI Strength has been increased for supporters. Also a new stronger tier has been added, "Meijin Supporter"

Hello All,

It’s been difficult to get our hands on new hardware to add during COVID, but we’ve managed to rack up a few more servers over the past few months and are now able to increase the strength of AI reviews for supporters.

Kyu reviews will now operate at 400 playouts (up from 300), Dan reviews are now 1000 (up from 800), Pro is now 3000 (up from 2000), and there have been a few people that have asked for even stronger reviews, so we’ve added an “Insei Supporter”“Meijin Supporter” level that processes games at a whopping 12000 playouts.

This change has already taken place, there is nothing you need to do, your new reviews will automatically use the upgraded strength.

If you wish to make changes to your supporter level or sign up, simply head over to the supporter page.

And a big thanks to all the site supporters that make this site possible, none of this would be possible without you!

Edit: Thanks for the suggestions to replace Insei, I went with Meijin

45 Likes

Wait why are inseis stronger than pros? XD

But thank you so much, this is awesome!

13 Likes

We all know it’s true :smirk: kek

3 Likes

Yeah I know… I didn’t want to change the terminology on folks, and I couldn’t think of a good name for something greater than pro, but I figured Insei was a good plan name for those super serious studiers so I just went with that.

15 Likes

SUPER SAIYAJIN GOD Supporter :smiley:

6 Likes

“Divine level”?

Since you know, we’re basically all Sai fans >___>

Edit: or maybe just “Sai”

8 Likes

There should have been a poll about the new level name. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Not sure if it’s a public info or if you even willing to comment on it. But is OGS breaking even at least?

3 Likes

What are you talking about? OGS is doing so well anoek was able to totally turn off ads site-wide AND pay himself a living wage to be its full-time dev…

5 Likes

I suppose that depends on how you look at it, I still can’t afford my yachts, but the bills are getting paid and I’m happy, so I’m going to say ‘yes’ :slight_smile:

33 Likes

you mean the new ones, right? :wink:

3 Likes

Well yeah I mean this years models… the ones from last year are boring of course.

8 Likes

AI level: AI level.

10 Likes

The more i think about it, the more i like the idea of calling it “Sai level” ^___^

Like, you know, Sai was stronger than Tōya Meijin, feels fitting that Sai level would be one step above pro level xD

6 Likes

Well, a naming system should also be future proof. What if yet another higher level is added in the future?

I propose that we scrap the current system and adopt the “nightmare code” moving forward

6 Likes

Personally I like it, but I guess a name not specific to a certain intellectual property (since we would all think Hikaru) would be better.

2 Likes

-I got D!!!
-The strain?!
-No, the AI!!!

3 Likes

Or we can add a lower tier with <100 playouts called “BHydden Supporter” :sunglasses: :fire: [Kappa]

Just kidding of course :heart:

7 Likes

You could also use pro titles to mark levels above pro: Honinbo, Meijin, Kisei
Maybe those would even attract more supporters. Who doesn’t want to be a Honinbo level supporter! :star_struck:

13 Likes

Can’t resist the opportunity. Excited for the new review strengths though :smiley:

8 Likes