Any advice for getting over a slump?

Hi all, sorry to bother you again, but I was just looking for some advice!

Put bluntly, I’ve been playing like crap for the past couple weeks. >.< I’ve always had more losses than wins here, but by George, I’ve never felt quite so out of it before. I’ve lost almost 4 stones of strength on here since the slump started.

The maddening thing is that I’m generally winning the games I lose… until I make a DDK-level misread somewhere and lose everything, it’s frustrating, you know. XD

I’m not sure if the answer is more study or less study. I currently do about an hour of tsumego a day, and play five games across various servers, and I always observe and try to comment on the pro games and batts streams the site provides, so I don’t think the problem is too little studying… maybe too much?

I know I’m not the only person who’s had this kind of thing happen, so I figured I should ask. Anyone around here ever his a rough patch with their games? If so, how did you get over it, and what would you recommend for me?

1 Like

To be strong you have to be tenacious! Only tenacious players have a chance of winning against stronger players. You have to be like a dog, not letting go of the leg once you’ve bitten!

It’s also important not to give up if your position is a little bit inferior. Having viewed your last game, may I suggest your problem is early resignation?

1 Like

I agree with @mark5000. Fighting spirit is important!

stop playing go

for a while.

1 Like