Any opinions on this rank estimator?

Has anyone used this site http://play.baduk.org/?

I can’t tell if it’s legit/ accurate/ updated.

My results

My score was 78/200, 16k or lower.

2 Likes

104/200; European 12 k.
Fairly accurate i think.
ELOtest: aprox 900.

1 Like

Hmmmmm… 9 clicks on the link, only one willing to reply with their results. :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

(@Atorrante

is this another estimator? I couldn’t find anything.)

1 Like

I took the poll and answered all 20 questions, but after clicking okay on the last one, it jumped back to first question. Hence, the site does not seem to be working for me. Maybe it’s due to some ad blocking extension that I have installed.

4 Likes

I had to try twice, first time it skipped from 14 to 18, but I thought it was my connection. I used adblocker, hadn’t thought it might be an issue.

1 Like

I went through it really fast over breakfast - answering with my gut without thinking too much. I got 9 kyu from the estimator, and I’m 13 kyu on OGS.

2 Likes

OGS in known for elite ranks. :wink:

1 Like

I took the quiz and got European 1d. My OGS rank is 1k, so it seems pretty close, maybe a bit optimistic.

3 Likes

Surprised you couldn’t find anything. ELOtest has regular challenges on OGS (marked in grey).
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Lol I tried Google first and all I got was this stuff http://ndtsupply.com/rohmann-elotest-m3-1.html

1 Like

I got European 8k. My OGS rank is ~13k, so kind of close? (Not really though)

2 Likes

Here’s another web app that analyzes go playing style from games uploaded.

http://gostyle.j2m.cz/

I think it was mostly developed before the widespread availability of strong AI engines.

2 Likes

i took the quiz earlier this morning but forgot exactly what rank it gave (my score was 96/200) and the tab was lost, so took it again, this time got 98/200 and it’s calling that 14k. i’m currently 19k in OGS

i wonder how it works, are there multiple correct answers and better answers are worth more points? also if anyone has recommendations for more problems like this let me know, i found the whole board style interesting although pretty challenging

2 Likes

I took the quiz, got 130/300 European 3k.
That’s actually surprisingly accurate, maybe only 1 or half a stone difference in rank I assume.
I’m around 4k on OGS and 2k on IGS

2 Likes

I also got 130, I think. I’m EGF 5k.

The screen was only up for a second though, so I didn’t get to read any details.

2 Likes

Thank you! Your score is 116 from 200.
You are about European 8-kyu

I am surprised that it is completely correct.

2 Likes

It seems it works better on stronger players.

1 Like

I finally got around to downloading SGF files to try this. I used almost all my 19x19 since March, except the ones that resulted in timeouts, 39 games in total.
It didn’t work properly, really, because I changed my OGS name in between and it doesn’t recognize that I’m the same player in all the games I uploaded (I tried changing the file name, but it’s somewhere in the sgf file and I don’t know how to work with those).

results as follows, with two different sets of games, as Gia_ and as Gia:

Which makes me want to cry in the corner a bit.

2 Likes

It should be plain text and names should be in just one place. Open it with any kind of text editor and search for your name.

4 Likes

Of course, notepad :woman_facepalming:. I’m stupid.

1 Like