Are you worried about coronavirus?

Although it doesn’t explicitly mention it, I think yesterday’s xkcd comic alludes to the same theme

8 Likes

Here’s the problem though: we’re steering straight towards another economic crisis, which will mean that governments have less to spend, so I’m quite sure that spending money on the climate crisis is going to be low on the list of priorities for the next season.

In the long term I bet this will harm the fight against climate crisis. There’s no way to measure this, however…

5 Likes

Same thing in reverse, I’ll never get used to countries where toilet paper goes in the trash bin.

7 Likes

Stay clogged :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve also never clogged a toilet with toilet paper :wink:

7 Likes

Unfortunately I cannot make a similar claim.

I see we’re getting down to the true fundamentals here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know, it’s quite disturbing you’re using the yum smily in this context.

9 Likes

Wrong tongue.

3 Likes

Is there a “correct” tongue to use in this context?

4 Likes

I’m leaving. Forward my mail.

8 Likes

In a fiat money system with a non-independent central bank, there will always be enough money — until the bitter end (of the monetary system).

The so-called Grean Deal of the EU will only be feasible with gigantic amounts of money created out of thin air by the ECB.

Everybody in Brussels knows this.

1 Like

Guess what that will do with the economy, and there you have the reason that nobody in Brussels want to do this.

In Brussels, they will probably do what seems the least evil to them.
This could well be the starting of the (money) printing press.

1 Like
4 Likes

I have literally checked the map every three hours that I am up and I grow concerned about every single country with more than 1,000 even though I have no connection to those countries apart from here. I also pay attention to my country obviously and the countries that have around the same number of people with it. Some will argue that the flu is worse, but the coronavirus is new and it doesn’t have a cure, while the flu, you can get a vaccine for.

2 Likes

@yebellz: Late to the party :wink:

2 Likes

Well I kind of am too @Vsotvep

The first case was just reported in my village. Take me down to the plague pit, lads; take me down… :skull:

7 Likes

Whoops, I must have missed it. Feels like this thread is growing exponentially

7 Likes

Life in the quarantine. Merry Christmas.