Are you worried about coronavirus?

The question is not so much whether they are right or if their request is lawful, but whether any of them will be alive to see the case come to an end in our court system. :thinking:

But even so, how can they prove that the employee got covid at work, specifically?

1 Like

It will be an interesting case to follow, for sure.

3 Likes

Here, clinics still require masks + health pass.

It’s super weird any time I return to the Netherlands from Germany; in the former nobody wears masks anywhere anymore, in the latter everyone does it as soon as there’s a public roof above your head

5 Likes

In places with high immunity levels (due to vaccination or infections), omicron looks relatively harmless. But covid deaths in Hong Kong show it is still quite dangerous for unvaccinated elderly people (vaccine hesitancy in Hong Kong elderly care homes seems to be quite strong).

5 Likes
4 Likes

“TAKE OFF THE FCKN MASKS - Next time you’re at the grocery store, try showing a woman your face. Be confident, unafraid of the LIES — you might get a girlfriend. Women like confidence. Women don’t like dudes who cover their faces in fear. What are you afraid of? Getting laid? Grow up.”

That was objectively funny from someone that went on a juvenile written rant on his actual workspace :smiley:
Well, no wonder he is being accused of taking content off the early-access version and selling it as a DLC to the people that had already bought his game. The dude is on another level :rofl:

@gennan
Omicron seems to be “relatively harmless” not only on innoculation levels, but combined with actual quality medical treatment;

here, unfortunately, it is still quite dangerous.

10 days ago the last restrictions were dropped here, but the government asks people to act responsibly and also to respect each other’s choices to keep social distance or wear a mask.
I don’t see people wearing masks though and I don’t wear a mask myself anymore, but I notice that I still automatically keep some distance form other adults. I guess that will gradually wear off.

Of our 18+ population, 86% is fully vaccinated and 63% had a booster. And 43% of out total population has tested positive at some point. Number of daily new cases is still high, but clearly declining in the past month, even while restrictions were dropped one by one:

The number of ICU patients has been dropping steadily for more than 3 months now. Our government expects it to stay manageable in the foreseeable future.

1 Like

However…

Yet, also in Germany and France, number of ICU patients seems to go down steadily for 3-4 months now:

I don’t know why new cases are rising so high again in Germany and France. Their lifting of restrictions seems not that different from the Netherlands and vaccination rates seem similar enough.

So what is different? Maybe it’s because we’ve had so many cases in recent months that immunity is more wide spread here (especially against omicron)?

Maybe we’re already past the peak that we’re seeing in Germany and France now?

2 Likes

I think there’s a glitch in the German case data above on the last day.

In early February cases here were so high that our National Health Institute had difficulty with processing the large volume of data.
Eventually they were able to clear the backlog, resulting in a 380.000 spike on 7 February.
Maybe Germany just had a similar case?

1 Like

I just can’t see anything like that on the german dashboards, not even the one that is usually ahead of the Robert-Koch-Institute data: Coronavirus-Karte: Deutschlandweite Fallzahlen in Echtzeit | Tagesspiegel

1 Like

Not exactly. But what has happened is that people get tested less. Until recently, getting tested was required before many activities, and now it’s not anymore, and also people got used so much to the Covid situation (including the high infection numbers). As a consequence, there are less PCR tests and therefore less official cases.

4 Likes

meanwhile, less than 4000 covid deaths / day (average) in the World
real value is higher, but it is the lowest number in the 2 years

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&facet=none&pickerSort=asc&pickerMetric=location&Metric=Confirmed+deaths&Interval=7-day+rolling+average&Relative+to+Population=false&Color+by+test+positivity=false&country=~OWID_WRL

6 Likes

A year late but nice

4 Likes

Estimates of COVID-19-Attributable Deaths, Hospitalizations, Infections, and Health Care Costs Averted by the U.S. Vaccination Program Between December 12, 2020, and March 31, 2022

Deaths 2,265,222 2,051,041 to 2,467,683
Hospitalizations 17,003,960 15,680,556 to 18,250,413
Infections 66,159,093 58,774,953 to 73,787,291
Health care costs $899.4 billion $825.3 billion to $978.5 billion
2 Likes

Oh yes, we can.

7 Likes
1 Like