Ask questions over Sensei's Library ChatGPT-style

I strongly recommend to add some warning about the fake and wrong information that gpt delivers on the very first page, so that noone get into wrong ways, being misleaded by the “questions and answers” title.

2 Likes

This statement is entirely true if about GPT-2. In fact any attempts at solving math problems resulted in pure nonsense. The underlying algorithm and neural network had no concept of logic or algorithmic. Even asking it for a cooking recipe would be too hard - the result would look like a cooking recipe but wouldn’t be self-consistent.

However, GPT-4 appears to be able to deal with logic and reasoning in a way that GPT-2 couldn’t. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find good documentation about GPT-4 yet so I have no idea how it manages to follow logical problems as well as it does.

both are same technology, just neural size bigger, higher quality, very few new things

its not some sort of stupid statistical analysis, its neural net

1 Like

It seems to be reasoning, but it’s been trained on such a large corpus that it mostly “gets the logic right” by sheer luck.

1 Like

Not sure how your statement relates to my statement. If anything, a “stupid statistical analysis” will give less of an illusionary answer than a neural net. You’re actually making my point.

1 Like

2 Likes

I know about that paper. I’m not entirely convinced by it. As I said, I’m sure there are some emergent properties in these LLMs, but nothing close to what we do as humans. Guess I’ll wait for more empirical evidence to come in.

Do you have a source to support that claim?

Very interesting project, that, but TBH, reading “SenseiLibrary” almost makes the grammar dept. in my brain explode (I have among other things, worked as a proofreader) … is there still a way you could change that to “SenseisLibrary”?

Because it actually is “Sensei’s Library”, genitive, the teacher’s library.

Forgive me for being a language pedant :smiley:

2 Likes

Sensei no Library?

6 Likes

Done, changed where I could :slight_smile: Don’t want to change the URL, though, as that would break it.

3 Likes

If that were a game on OGS, it would be cheating and a violation of OGS rules, even if unranked.

I’m not sure I’m following.

It’s good that I can make Sensei say whatever I want it to say.

Question: What does it mean when my opponent says “gg” in the middle of the game?

Answer: “GG” is an abbreviation for “Good Game” and is used to wish an opponent a good game before or after a match.

Sources

Question: Is it polite when my opponent says “gg” in the middle of the game?

Answer: It is polite when your opponent says “gg” in the middle of the game.

Sources

Question: What does it mean when my opponent says “gg” in the middle of the game and is it polite?

Answer: “GG” is an abbreviation for “Good Game” and is a polite way to acknowledge the end of a game.

Sources

Question: Is it impolite when my opponent says “gg” in the middle of the game and why?

Answer: Yes, it is impolite when an opponent says “gg” in the middle of the game as it implies that the game is over and the opponent has won.

Sources

7 Likes

LMK when these chatbots reach a level where you can ask them about stuff you don’t know and trust they give the right answer, rather than ask them about stuff you do know to laugh at how they get it wrong.

5 Likes

These are some excellent (and funny) examples of hallucination.

Some ideas I have so far that I can try to make it hallucinate less:

• employing smarter prompt engineering techniques (like chain of thought).
  • maybe indexing only the main pages and not the discussion pages (because there you’re more likely to get polarised opinions, like whether it’s polite or impolite to say “gg” in the middle of the game)
  • maybe try different LLMs
1 Like

:expressionless:

10 Likes

Sensei’s Library Q&A

Question: I heard that you need to work on a dozen skills to become strong at go. What are those skills?

Answer

The skills needed to become strong at Go include reading, life-and-death problems, technique, tactics, strategy, attitude, concentration, stamina, creativity, faithfulness to principles, liberties, connection, surrounding, equivalence, initiative, efficiency, flexibility, attacking while having weaknesses, taking the opponent for granted, single-minded play, slack play, and calculation abilities.

Sources

https://senseis.xmp.net/?howtostudyandimprove

(equivalence, really?)

7 Likes

You have been playing go unequivalently? How did you manage to make it to dan level?!

7 Likes

I observe that when I used the word “polite” in my question, it answered that “gg” was polite, and when I used the word “impolite” in my question, it answered that “gg” was impolite.

So, either it just really prefers to answer “yes” than “no” (Is it polite ? Yes. Is it impolite ? Yes.); or, its search for sources to answer the question is naturally biased by the search terms: when searching for the words “polite”, it will find arguments defending politeness, and when searching for “impolite”, it will find arguments defending impoliteness.

2 Likes