Bar for typing in messages in the reviews

I am bit tired of explaining to every newbie where the box for writing messages in a review is.

It’s strange that you have to scroll down to it. It takes minutes, some never find it. Is it at least explained somewhere on the site?

Scroll down to it? On a standart FullHD (which I would assume is what most people would have) I certainly don’t have to scroll down. Or are we talking about mobile? Or am I misunderstanding completely?

1 Like

eg:

so yeah, not ideal.

3 Likes

Imgur

This is what I had to resort to the last time. It’s just a tad impractical.

4 Likes

Just to add that on my HP 15,6" I need to scroll and sometimes it scrolls the page, sometimes it scrolls what I intent it to scroll (only the right column with the chat) and it’s really one of the few things I wish I could change on OGS.

1 Like

What causes this is that the .chat-container class has min-height set to 250px. Changing it to 100px gives it enough space for about two to three lines of chat to be displayed. However, on certain small monitors, it will probably still not fit on the screen.

How about we shrink the nameplates by removing the avatars in review mode? They’re not used for timing, and in case of demo boards there aren’t even avatars to display anyways:

4 Likes

As mentioned elsewhere, there is currently a fair bit of unused space each side of the goban on a regular screen. The goban is currently 50% and the RHS is 25%. Why not move the Analyze and Review stuff to the LHS making regular chat visible in the usual way on the RHS?

If I am understanding what I see correctly (not guaranteed), there is already an unused ‘left column’ set up in the display:

3 Likes