BesoGo: yet another web-based SGF editor

(I moved the following part of the discussion from Smallest Groups With Two Eyes to this thread, seems better)

Wow, that looks purdy kewl, @yebellz! Though … something … dunno, something there doesn’t seem right …could it be the drop shadows? Or is it there some difference in sharpness between board and stones? The exact positioning?

Another question, what do you think: how many different shell stone images would be enough to make it look convincing? Ideally, of course, 180 :smiley: I just purchased a “used” (played once) S&S set <happy> and when I find the time I might go and scan them.

And then again … moving in the diametrically opposite direction: sometimes I think it may all be just too much skeuomorphism … perhaps for digital/visual/pictorial communication of Go diagrams simple graphics are easier for the eye, less distracting … the Eidogo thingie definitely has the best contrast/colour combination, I think … when I look at all three, Eidogo gives me the most relaxed feeling, the least stress.

1 Like