Best move ever

Despite @BHydden 's gloomy look on go;

here is a topic where you can share your best move(s) ever. Or share a move you watched in another game that impressed you immensely.

So, which move did your opponent’s ears turn read?
Or which move you encountered somewhere took your breath away?

Please also state why (according to you) that move was the best move ever.

Have fun!

3 Likes

First!
For a beginner like me I’m terribly proud of this move, any other “normal” endgame move is loosing for white :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well then I post it here too :slight_smile:
Move 61 in this game.
Although it is considered by the AI as the worst mistake of the game, it was very fun. Also for the other 3 players I think.
For amateur players, especially in casual games, having fun is the most important thing in my opinion.
I have probably played several good tesujis but I can’t think of any in particular atm.

4 Likes

I posted this somewhere else a long time ago but it’s still the best move I can remember playing:

link

Was it a trick play or a good ko threat? I’m not sure, but it let me escape through what seemed like a brick wall on the right and win the game :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This S17 throw-in is the one I am very proud of (a semeai corner ko). Took me a long time to find it (if white wants to live in the corner, the outside dies, if white wants the outside lives, the corner dies, or even one possible seki)

5 Likes

That throw-in reminded me of a move (which was not played) that I saw while analysing a game that is not mine (I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have spotted it anyway :sweat_smile:).
immagine
B1 forces a ko, and it’s the only way to do it.

5 Likes