Blitz and normal games

Is there a way to look for normal and blitz games at the same time?

2 Likes

Sadly no. You can automatch queue for multiple board sizes at once but not multiple speeds… maybe that should be looked at :thinking: your request seems quite reasonable

@GreenAsJade @benjito any ideas? Feels like it might be one of those things that sound simple but might be tricky on the back end?

2 Likes

Heh I would like this feature too. IIRC, the automatch endpoint seems to be able to take more than one speed at the same time, but unclear whether the backend will respect it. Could be worth playing with.

I’m more curious how this would be handled on the front end! Seems like something would need to happen to the buttons.

2 Likes

Maybe instead of buttons they could be toggles like the board size ones are, and then we have one “queue” button? :thinking:

1 Like

Made a github issue for the request to add visibility and track progress

The problem with this is what is currently 1 click becomes 2 plus the greater cognitive load of navigating a more complex UI, which makes “quick match finder” the “not-so-quick match finder”.

2 Likes

sir, this is an OGS

3 Likes

I forgot that we should be saying “an OGS”, since I never consider the acronym.

The matter is not yet resolved…

2 Likes

Something like this would hardly increase the cognitive load:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.