Blitz Automatch Button Questions

It probably should be added to something like the docs alright. I don’t know them so testing below:

Testing on beta with 9x9 games

Time Controls for Blitz:

• Japanese Byo-Yomi: Clock starts with 1 minute main time, followed by 3 10 seconds periods.
  • Fischer: Clock starts with 20 seconds and increments by 10 seconds per move up to a maximum of 30 seconds.
  • Canadian Byo-Yomi: Clock starts with 1 minute main time, followed by 5 minutes per 30 stones.

Testing on beta with 13x13 games

Time Controls for Blitz:

• Japanese Byo-Yomi: Clock starts with 3 minutes main time, followed by 4 10 seconds periods.
  • Fischer: Clock starts with 20 seconds and increments by 10 seconds per move up to a maximum of 30 seconds.
  • Canadian Byo-Yomi: Clock starts with 3 minutes main time, followed by 5 minutes per 30 stones.

Testing with 19x19 games on beta

Time Controls for Blitz:

• Japanese Byo-Yomi: Clock starts with 5 minutes main time, followed by 5 10 seconds periods.
  • Fischer: Clock starts with 30 seconds and increments by 10 seconds per move up to a maximum of 1 minute.
  • Canadian Byo-Yomi: Clock starts with 5 minutes main time, followed by 5 minutes per 30 stones.

The only rank that actually matters for matchmaking is the overall rank, which will be affected by both blitz and live games. The other ranks in the table on your profile are all cosmetic in a sense with respect to matchmaking, though they can still be indicative of strength when representing a good number of games since they’re updated with the opponents overall rank afaik.

In any case, in terms of fixing it, the suggested fix was

where that would drop the time settings down to 9s per move on average to be below the blitz threshold, but that hasn’t happened as far as I’m aware.

I think generally though the overall rank is supposed to be the best predictor of games, so it makes sense to show that rather than the individual ranks. I guess the relevant thread was

1 Like