Blitz matches trigger timeout annulment

It looks like currently blitz matches trigger the timeout annulment for correspondence matches. I shouldn’t have gotten the win anyway, it’s not about that.
If this is intended, simply delete this post :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re looking into it. Frankly, we’ve never seen this happen before :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Games that end before 6 moves are anulled

4 Likes

When was that changed? It used to be 2…

4 Likes

Would have been in a recent patch, was on my to-do list for months

6 Likes

Awesome! I like that alot :slight_smile:

Wasn’t the reason it was changed to 2 that people were using it to avoid openings they didn’t like?

2 Likes

2 Likes

A tremendous blow to rank manipulators! Excellent!

Yep, the argument for going higher than 2 (but less than 20 which was the way-back-when original) that was made, and the reason the change was made, was because when someone is first getting their rank established here as a beginner, it was the case that they’d win by resignation because they were playing in some ways that made it very obvious they were a total beginner and sometimes SDKs just resign instead of playing out matches against total beginners. This would result in them getting lofted even higher, so 6 was picked as kind of a way to help dampen that effect significantly hopefully, while not being so high you can resign when you mess up your joseki. We’ll see if it works or not.

5 Likes

what about different limits for [?] players and for established rank players if main reason is [?] players?

1 Like

Is annulling because your opponent played (for example) tengen, or 3-3 invasion, or black hole fuseki, reportable behavior? If so, I would think it will be okay.

That’s probably a pretty good idea

2 Likes

before going down that path, might be a better time investment to fix entry rating and humble rank first :stuck_out_tongue: then worry about if their games are still getting resigned after that…

1 Like

Yeah I looked into that, the humble code is in there, how much it affects a rank is proportionally much less than it used to be though… so increasing that effect is on my todo list, but I didn’t want to willy-nilly pick a new value for that.

1 Like