Board backgrounds library

IMG_20211105_110843

IMG_20211105_111742

May help you to not forget to eat sometimes.

9 Likes

5 Likes

variation: slightly desaturated, blurred, and luminace to match more closely the default ogs board. I find this a less drastic change from the default, which I think is good for keeping a focus on the stones.

7 Likes

@tozgrec, do you happen to know where these wood texture images came from? Or are you the author?

Are they available under some sort of open license (like Creative Commons)? I would like to use and redistribute them as part of an open-source software project (see BesoGo), but I want make sure that I can obtain the appropriate permissions to do so.

2 Likes

Probably will be easy if you are good at LaTeX.

It turns out it doesn’t take a very savvy LaTeX user for it in fact. Here it is:

However, I’m sorry for my laziness/ignorance, but I’m having trouble adjusting the external padding and sizing of the tiles so it fits OGS’ grid, and there’s also the problem of having coordinate on OGS’ grid. If I have the patience, at some point I’ll create the necessary variations, in the meantime, I hope someone else has the kindness of creating them before me — and I hope they also come up with a systematic approach to this problem.

In the code below, the last part is what’s important if you’re trying to modify the words, labels and size. For the size, you just need to change the 18’s.

You can use Overleaf if you’re having trouble instaling LaTeX.

5 Likes

Nice 18x18

18x18 squares. 19x19 intersections.

Well the stones were played on the squares in the precedent version.

2 Likes

Playing inside the squares is a vital feature to properly do Scrabble scoring

2 Likes

Nice! I should mention that in my version I also reduced the contrast a lot to make it nicer as a background. I hope you’ll make a 19x19-on-the-squares one next!

2 Likes

just another take on the subtle yellow wood texture because @Groin asked me to post it here as well:

url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/monsterkodi/go/main/img/board.png

6 Likes

I like this one, still a wood texture but something a bit out of the ordinary.

Acacia?

centered version of the picture

https://ogs-forums.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/d/d/dd1db53fbca07279f7eb4337d30c62791644bb56.jpeg
5 Likes

Looks fun, though it might be a little distracting.

6 Likes

This is what I use (with light pink and dark blue stones)

Random example:

6 Likes

Just noting that I loved this dark mode with shades of grey!

1 Like

I’ve seen you play with this often enough that I assumed it was one of the default textures :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone! Here’s my contribution to the topic. I wanted it to look somewhat calm and subtle. Based on my photo of trees on a foggy winter day.

Color codes to go with the picture:
Lines #141B1F
White #E8DAC9
Black #263540

EDIT: I added also a version without the wood texture.

16 Likes

Someone posted on Reddit about theme customization programming that they’ve been working on

7 Likes

The themed stones look particularly exciting. Is this @upsided/@upside_brigade here in the forums? I can’t believe they didn’t announce it here!

3 Likes