BUG: in-game chat doubled

In two out of my current three in-progress correspondence games, every line of the in-game chat is displayed twice. (See screenshot below for an example.) This doesn’t seem to be happening with any of the completed games in my history, nor with new comments made to existing games. (i.e. it only seems to affect past comments in current games.)

2 Likes

It happened to me as well

Same here

It had even tripled in one of my game but now it seems to be okay in that game again. Haven’t checked my other games yet.

Well, I do not see any messages in any of my game chats anymore.

Seeing my chat messages again :slight_smile: … and really appreciate the new release :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was there a new release? fyi: I’m still seeing the doubled messages.

The same here https://online-go.com/game/6757518

Rather interesting. If folks could post their affected games that’d be helpful in helping to identify a pattern and figure out where we screwed up - thanks!

2 Likes

Here: Tournament Game: Honinbo Main Title Tournament 2016 (15379) R:1 (rp_77 vs temifar), Ladder Challenge: FreemanG(#63) vs temifar(#53), Tournament Game: Monthly Simultaneous McMahon 2016-01-16 17:00 (13739) R:2 (Nutsy vs temifar)

On the other hand, I’m pretty sure there was a greeting exchange in this game: Tournament Game: Honinbo Main Title Tournament 2016 (15379) R:1 (temifar vs Poller) and I do not see it anymore. Disappearing and then again reappearing messages are nothing new, though, I’ve seen that with v4 as well.

Edit: added more examples.

1 Like

My two are games 7280203 and 7031718. (Note: the second one contains two messages posted after I discovered the doubling. I wanted to see if it would happen to a new post, and it didn’t.)

1 Like

Add https://online-go.com/game/7571111 to the examples.

1 Like

Hello @anoek

In this game, messages appear in triple time:

:slight_smile:

Arnaud

1 Like

Games 7131009 and 7700908, al my 4 other games are ok (or no chat).

1 Like

I can’t see chat messages at all - not even the ones I write.

2 Likes

1 Like