Can you see players times/clocks when reviewing the game?

I was just wondering, if you’ve just finished a game and then either using the analysis tool or actually starting a review, is there any way to see what the times on each players clocks were when each move was made?

I can’t see immediately how to find it if it is there, and I’m not so good with the search topics, as I can’t find it mentioned on the forum as of yet.

I think kgs might have that feature, if it isn’t there. It might be fairly handy (again if it isn’t there), for me I’m actually very slow at playing, and with live games I used up my main time by about half way through - middle game, would be handy to see where I should be spending less time, or just to remember at what point I started being short of time/in byo-yomi.

Cheers

4 Likes

The time remaining is not available in reviews or sgf downloads. However, the time taken for each move is available from the API, so such a feature would be possible.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I suppose the next thing is just wait and see if anyone else wants such a feature :slight_smile:

The SGF format supports move properties such as “How much time does black have left after this move?” and "How many moves does black have left after this move? (eg. during byo-yomi).

On KGS this information is available during a review, but I don’t see it included in the SGF files I’ve downloaded from KGS. What strange about this is that when In-Seong is teaching Yunguseng Dojang on KGS he will commonly have multiple files merged into one, and each game has retained its clock information. I have no idea how he’s doing this.

On OGS I don’t see this information displayed during a review, and it’s not included in the downloaded SGF files.

1 Like

In the API, is the time taken for each move, the third number in the triples? I presume it’s in ms (milliseconds)?

1 Like

This is a cool idea. Would be neat to review time usage as well as move placement as poor management of time often leads to poor choice of move. So, devs… Any takers?

1 Like

Yup, ms

3 Likes

It was also dual purpose as a bump but also to learn about that bit of the API :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Making the times visible in the analysis tree is “on the list” …

(I mean, the front end feature list that can and will likely get done “before too long”, as opposed to “the list” that has to wait for back end changes to be prioritised!)

3 Likes

The SGF format supports move properties such as “How much time does black have left after this move?” and "How many moves does black have left after this move? (eg. during byo-yomi).

On KGS this information is available during a review, but I don’t see it included in the SGF files I’ve downloaded from KGS.

I see it on GoKibitz from KGS uploads. Something added since?

Those KGS games have a lot of “3s, 5s, 4s, 8s, 2s…” – not a slow-play culture.

2 Likes