Cancelled games

Hi, apologies if this is the wrong topic category to raise this issue.

On the personal OGS homepage where we can view our games won and lost, Cancelled games still appear and for me makes the record page look a little messy.

Is there a way cancelled games can be removed for neatness?

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t think there is a way .

1 Like

:sob:

1 Like

One can consider it an Important imformation so then this would require one more option in the setting to hide them or not.

2 Likes

Yes I agree.

1 Like

But why are you cancelling so often?

1 Like

Usually my opponent cancels actually. But when I do, it’s because of smurfs mainly. Some people are not the rank that’s stated on their profile so I cancel. I have to do a background check before I place a stone.

This applies to very fresh accounts mainly

1 Like

last 4 cancels are yours

they were not fresh

3 / 4 of these game were created by someone else, which you accepted and then canceled because

is that so necessary to increase your winrate by increasing wait time of others?
I just don’t play with higher ranked after each my lose, so I don’t afraid any game that already started, even if they are sandbaggers, its still learning opportunity

but can you be sure of that?
I check profiles of my opponents after game ended and clear sandbagger is very rare event for me.

5 Likes

Isn’t this all beside to the point. The issue for me is neatness. Having the ability to hide cancelled games would be useful. If not it’s fine. Thanks anyway I guess maybe I should try to keep track of my own cancellations

I don’t see any harm on having some kinda “hide cancelled games” checkbox which would hide hide cancellations from view of the user who has put that feature on. Of course no-one wants a system where user could hide their public games from the view of other users, but if it’s something similar than “hide ranks and ratings” i don’t see why not.

I guess it would be front-end solution, so anybody could code that and make a pull request on github https://github.com/online-go/online-go.com

5 Likes

I would put that option active by default. Keeping track of cancelled games may be necessary but not attractive.

2 Likes

As mainly correspondence player, i would absolutely want to see if someone has their last 20 games being timeout-cancellations before i send them any kinda challenge, but i can understand why someone else would rather not see those.

3 Likes

This almost guarantees nobody will know the option exists. Easier to look to turn off an annoying feature than to guess if missing features actually exist or not.

3 Likes

Agreed

I think to make my position clear. The hide cancelled games would only appear for me but my opponents can still see I’ve cancelled

2 Likes

You could use some browser plugin to automatically modify your profile page. It seems that the lines of the table with cancelled games are marked with the CSS class library-tie-result annulled, so maybe setting table rows with that class as hidden might work.

It could also be possible to build something like this into the front-end code. Maybe a little toggle switch next the game history table could hide/show cancelled games.

5 Likes

This is an important clarification, because OGS has a small but steady stream of cancellation trolls. Seeing a player’s record on this issue is something that most potential opponents would want to know.

3 Likes

I don’t think cancelled games should be removed, because if they are removed then we cannot see them. If you cancel all of your games then people have to play them again in the future, and if you don’t play them you can’t see any progress. I believe the reason you have this policy is because some team thinks that their time has no value. I hope they will not remove the cancelled games.

2 Likes

I think the intention is not to remove but to hide/unhide in the list

1 Like

You are absolutely right!

This is why it would be best that this feature only applies to the user who activated it.

Example: If I activated this feature, I cannot see my own cancelled games, but you the opponent/viewer can still see them for obvious reasons.