Can't log into my OGS account (blank screen)

There were a couple of big server updates recently - the Joseki Dictionary was added, but also a significant improvement across the platform to rendering so that hopefully the occasional “it rendered small” that happens with graphs etc is fixed.

In the process, something could have gone awry. Can someone reproduce and provide the similar inspector output as the previous diagnosis, above?

Ultimately it will be an @anoek thing to fix, when he’s available.

2 Likes

What browser are you using @dachen11 ?

ok same computer (its an hp notebook from 2009 called g72-26|US notebook) and browser is google chrome
still not working but i can get to ogs on other devices
I am not gonna try clearing cache because it didn’t work last time

What operational system are you running, @dachen11? And which version of Chrome? Can you update your browser to the latest version, in case you haven’t already, clear the cache, and try again? Also, can you try a different browser and see if you can log in?

Though the issue looks the same, it might be caused by something different or be a different problem altogether; what worked last time might not now—and vice-versa. So the more information you can provide, the better, and going through diagnostic steps like clearing the cache helps eliminating possibilities.

1 Like

not sure how to update browser (its not most recent)
running on ubuntu 14.04
it doesn’t work on mozilla firefox

not gonna use this computer much long anyway, gonna start using a mac tomorrow

1 Like

Same thing has been happening to me for the past 2 days… a blank screen. Firefox on a Mac.

1 Like

I have the same issue since 2 days. On my mobile I only have a blank screen when I open OGS. Before everything was working fine.
On my PC I can still open and use OGS without any problems.

has decided not to use the mac because he can’t figure out how to turn it on
still not working on this computer

Try running a systemwide update. Open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Reboot and try to log in again.

Which version of Firefox? Which version of iOS? If not the latest version (of either), can you update and try again?

If you’re using Chrome, the issue may be related to this one:

Please try accessing with another browser.

And let’s wait for @anoek. :/

Firefox 48.0.2

OS X 10.6.8

Those are the last updates available for my system… yes, it’s a bit old, but nonetheless, all other sites are working fine… as was this one, until a few days ago… :frowning:

I also tried Safari and Chrome… and the same thing happens.

@dragonwarlord98 and @dachen11 , can you open up the javascript console and, select the “Console” tab, and reload the page, and let me know if there are any errors there? (and copy/paste them in here if there are).

You can do this by holding down the control and shift keys while pressing the i key. Thanks for your patience guys, and help in figuring out what’s going on.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure of what you were exactly looking for so I copied these… hopefully that helps!

no element foundlog:1:1
This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!search
SyntaxError: missing = in const declarationogs.5.1-1663-g2f34439-8ebd35b59f88c358e3d9f782cc96c915.js:17:606868
Successfully compiled asm.js code (loaded from cache in 205ms)

"Handler function threw an exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE) [nsISupports.QueryInterface]"  nsresult: "0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js :: NetworkMonitor.prototype._createNetworkEvent :: line 848"  data: no]

Stack: NetworkMonitor.prototype._createNetworkEvent@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:848:5
NetworkMonitor.prototype._onRequestHeader@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:939:5
NetworkMonitor.prototype.observeActivity<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:710:7
exports.makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/ThreadSafeDevToolsUtils.js:101:14
Line: 848, column: 0"ThreadSafeDevToolsUtils.js:80
This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!search
No WASM support detected, score estimator falling back to ASM.js modeonline-go.com:1:254
SyntaxError: missing = in const declarationogs.5.1-1663-g2f34439-8ebd35b59f88c358e3d9f782cc96c915.js:17:606868
Successfully compiled asm.js code (loaded from cache in 205ms)

1 Like

i pressed console and it says:
online-go.com/:1 No WASM support detected, score estimator falling back to ASM.js mode
ogs.5.1-1663-g2f34439-8ebd35b59f88c358e3d9f782cc96c915.js:17 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token =

1 Like

so still not working
i can deal with it i guess
no chatting for me though

Blank screen for over 2 weeks here aswell. Computer no problem, but on my iPhone I can’t login.
Just the blank white page.
iOS 10.3.3
iPhone 5s

seriously still not working
:frowning:

Sorry dachen, @anoek has been away the past week. He’ll hopefully be able to get back to you shortly :slight_smile:

OK this should be fixed now.

4 Likes