Hi!
Can you change ownership of my group Чат игроков в Го (weiqi, baduk, igo) to user Mkrukov please?
Hi!
Can you change ownership of my group Чат игроков в Го (weiqi, baduk, igo) to user Mkrukov please?
Yes, plz. There is no function to change the group founder.
Hello, if you are both members of the group, it should be relatively easy to change ownership with the following steps:
Let me know if there are any issues with the transfer.
As far as I understand, they are talking about complete ownership of the group, not admin function, because at the time Tornadoz posted, Mkrukov was already a mod
Do we have an ownership concept for groups?
I thought we just had admins.
Yes, I’m talking about group ownership, not just admin rights. The person who created the group hardly ever logs into their account. I want to play it safe.
There used to be a difference between the two. Has nothing changed since then, or did I miss something?
Ah, sorry for misunderstanding.
As far as I know, there is no practical difference between a creator and an admin of a group. (Other than the fact, that a creator has the group counted against their max groups limit).
Even if the creator of the group leves OGS, the group will remain fully functional for other admins, if that was the worry.
basically all admins share “ownership”, and I have no way of making any particular user an “owner”.