China's "Go theme park"

So I recently found out about this so called “Go theme park” in the city Pinghu in China. The name of the park is “Ten Games in Danghu” which is also the name of some famous ancient games of Go.

I became curious about the place but I couldnt find much information about it at all. The only thing I could find were two webpages which didnt really have much info:

https://inf.news/en/culture/a9e53cf459099082127e563e5af4904c.html

Does anyone know something about it?

14 Likes

That place looks lovely, i’d love to sit down and play a game there! ^___^

3 Likes

Where are all our geoguessers when the community needs them??? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’d love to see more.
Is there Google streetview?

4 Likes

Here’s the temple that’s visible in the pictures:

As usual in China the satellite image doesn’t line up with the vector map, but the satellite image of the big goban should be straight under Dingsheng Fruit Industry

6 Likes

I was scrolling the map all around that place without seeing it.

Just like when I try to find tsumego’s solutions! :sweat_smile:

One of those links says:
“Dangwanghu Road to the west of the garden, Baoben Temple to the east, Pagoda Bridge Road to the north, and Longqiu Guixiang to the south.”
Only Baoben Temple was recognised by Google Maps but, as you said, pictures don’t match with maps…

Sadly, satellite pictures are quite low res.

2 Likes

there is Baidu streetview

3 Likes

So… When are we all going? :wink: field trip???

3 Likes

A bit more public location for weiqi in western China.
Guiyang is famous for his links to weiqi. You ll find a small park dedicated with sculptures and a fancy central club (check the elevator)
In Yunnan, you’ll find some place of interest like in wenzhu (parc, temple, big qipan) or in the historic for movies part of Daliguchang (big qipan). Besides the weiqi stones museum of the stones company in Baoshan, you’ll find a weiqi center (half play rooms for big Tournaments, half shopping and showroom) in a big old tower (temple)

@geckely, i don’t think there are. still some clubs look interesting places.

I am amazed of so many amusement parks (and roller coasters too) in US!
Chinese like to go to the Disney park in HongKong. There are some more but i am not a user so i can’t report to you.
The Go park seems to be in a different category, parks but not amusement parks. (Like the ones i mentioned too). Easy guess from the OP pics.

I love those big pillows on the chairs!

If you’d like to know some background. 10 matches at PingHu(当湖十局 当湖十局 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书) is like the most famous game in ancient China, played by 2 of the most famous player at that time: Fan Xiping (范西屏) and Shi Xiangxia(施襄夏).
The fight in the game is very intensely studied and there are many story associate with it. The most famous one is during one of those match both players ignored a simple move that might end the game. Because 2 top tier player missing one move simultaneously is very unlikely, many believes that it is because there are variation and follow up moves that we didn’t realized. The debate is partially settled for AI now suggesting that there is no ‘hidden moves’ and perhaps its just they both missed it. And that kills all the fun.
If you guys are interesting I could translate some articles and commentators’ view on those 10 matches. It is really interesting to study how people at that time understood the game of go.

Don’t give up on discovering the mysteries of “Ten Games in Danghu”! Who knows, it might turn out to be a hidden gem waiting for you to explore.

1 Like