Close my account

Close my account, ban me, whatever you gotta do. Tired of losing, tired of the sandbagging, etc. Thanks

I tilted today and lost 9 games in a row. On the verge of 5k to solidly 8k in a few miserable hours. It sucks, but at the end of the day, I play go because it’s a fun game, not because I’ll ever be amazing at it. Everyone loses about half their games, regardless of what level we play at. If you enjoy the other half, and learn from the less enjoyable half, why not keep playing when you’re in the mood?

IMO, which I know isn’t what you’re looking for, take a few days off. If you still don’t want to play, you don’t have to, but your account will be here if you do.

7 Likes

Just take a break friend, no need to take drastic measures.

2 Likes

Yeah that was hard to accept when I was studying chess diligently. You’ll know when you’ve caught up to your rating if you lose half the time. Even the world top 10 don’t have a stellar win ratio. The champ is at the top cause he wins just slightly more often than he loses on the whole.

2 Likes

You seem to be really over aggressive with your opponents when you lose, I also feel like you assume too many people are sandbaggers.

2 Likes

I appreciate all of the replies; you guys do have very valid points. I actually came back to ask if you could delete this thread instead, but this might actually help someone else who is feeling frustrated as well or wants to give up. I actually took some time to clear my head after the post, and realized i was in the wrong. A few mistakes, that if i was more focused and not in my emotions or letting my ego play the game for me, i could have had a better chance and maybe either lost by a few points or won. Like one of the other posters stated, i need to take some time off and deal with/clear my life situation/circumstances (the root of my problems right now), do some studying when life is better, then come back a more civil, clear minded go player. Thanks guys.

16 Likes

Very mature thoughts, you have my respect!

6 Likes

Thanks man i appreciate it

2 Likes

Be like water, my friend

4 Likes

@ckersch88 @o00o00o

I sympathize. I seem to be in a slump too. Whenever that happens the hardest thing to do (for me at least) seems to be to keep playing normal games. Sometimes i find myself in a spot, where not caring about winning equals not trying to.
That is the worst possible mindset to me in a situation like this. Even when losing a lot, actually trying to play a good game is what makes go fun :slight_smile:. My experience with this anyway :wink:.

3 Likes

The quote should go “be like a non-newtonian fluid, my friend”,
but then again, this doesn’t sound very inspirational (“be like ketchup, my friend”)

6 Likes

flow with dao

This more generic quote makes no assumption on dao’s Reynolds number.
However, re-reading Zhuangzi, it seems that it’s closer to the one of a fish in a river than the one of a spoon in a pot of ketchup (or any equivalent stuff in chinese cooking).

3 Likes

Remember that no matter how good you get, there’s going to be someone better.
And no matter how bad you get, there’s going to be someone worse.
We all have our good days and bad days. Enjoy the good ones, forget the bad ones, and play when you feel like playing. You’ll always have a place at the game board waiting for you.

Mogadeet

7 Likes