Connection issues

all ogs pages are unresponsive with these errors in console:

WebSocket connection to ‘wss://ggs.online-go.com/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket&sid=PQ-A2qNRrn9sahmFAAVf’ failed: Connection closed before receiving a handshake response

POST https://ggs.online-go.com/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=polling&t=1483558909907-18&sid=PQ-A2qNRrn9sahmFAAVf net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

GET https://ggs.online-go.com/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=polling&t=1483558910907-19 net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

my internet connection seems fine

2 Likes

Same here; lost game by timeout as a result.

1 Like

It’s on our end. We are currently experiencing choppy seas.

If you lose a game due to the issues, let a moderator know via PM with a link to the game and we’ll make sure that you get those rating points back.

4 Likes

+1

1 Like

Please let me know the connection problem would be fixed? How long does it take?

I blame Ornable

I keep getting connection to server lost. My computer works fine everywhere but ogs.

I second that. Seemed to work fine about an hour/hour-and-a-half ago from home, but now it keeps losing connection from work.

Similar. I’ve had limited connectivity since yesterday afternoon, it’s caused multiple timeouts when the move fails to submit. If I’m lucky I can get through a game without it happening, but it’s making it hard to play blitz. My opponent lost connection and timed out due to that just now.

Same here, it’s awful… I hope people don’t start blocking me cause I keep disappearing in the middle of the games :frowning:

Yea, this is still happening. Is there an ETA for the fix?

@anoek is looking into it right now. Master§ (aka AlphaGo) has brought a bunch of people and our server is experiencing above average load at the moment.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you lose any games due to timeout because of this please PM a moderator with the game and we will replace any lost rating points.

1 Like

This problem is so bad now. Impossible to use OGS One administrator says things are fine on their end. Another says the OGS server is not working well.

That’s a pretty awesome reason though.

1 Like

I suppose we can call that our silver lining. :smiley:

Would it be better to shut down server until things get sorted out?

I’m not a member of the dev team, so I don’t know all of the particulars of the setup. From what I do know, it’s not as simple as just turning off, and then on, the server.

My user name is Tholan. I went from a 13 kyu to a 16 in the last 48 hours because of disconnects. Is it too petty to restore my rating points? Whatever you decide , I will gladly respect.

Just let a moderator know which games you lost due to the server issues and we’ll replace the rating points for those lost games.

What is the best way to contact an administrator?