Cooking videos

Hot off the press!

1 Like

Wonderful video addressing the discussion from December at Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread - #382 by Leira

The channel is Lofty Pursuits.

For easy reference, see the Cavendish banana on Wikipedia and the Gros Michel banana.

from the channel

From the channel Weird Explorer - YouTube, already discussed in his fruit reviews.

From the channel Food Wishes

From the channel of Helen Rennie

1 Like

From MorganDrinksCoffee

Compare to Emmy’s video:

From Middle Eats

I’ve been watching a lot of this channel lately, so here’s another, older video:

2 Likes

“Record my first time to make Wagashi”

From the channel 日食记官方频道 Cat’s Kitchen

1 Like

From the channel of Nadia Gilbert.

From Glen and Friends Cooking, specifically the Cocktails After Dark series.

Ten years of How to Cook That~

2 Likes

Hah, my combination viewing of cooking and sketches returned me this classic pair:

1 Like

I like when I can pair the videos together.

The latest three Emmy videos are like a full meal:

1. drink State Fair Lemonade & 43-Year Old 'Coney Island Steamer' Vintage Gadget - YouTube

2. main course The Best & Easiest Pot Roast Ever? 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast - YouTube

3. dessert Chocolate-Filled Wool Roll Bread

Hands down the best cooking video I’ve seen recently. She doesn’t talk only about cornbread but also on the wider importance of corn in the recipes and culture of the area.

From the very warm and comfy channel, that I just found today, Celebrating Appalachia.

1 Like

cf. the recipe at Cooking videos - #28 by bugcat

Also, the first Turkish street caramel video I posted in March was taken down, so here’s a replacement:

This vid is giving me an heart attack by watching it lmao

1 Like

Pinning this here for later.

1 Like

A very tame cake by Ann’s standards but it shows an interesting and simple idea, the addition of a sort of false top to the cake which is filled with strawberry sauce, that gushes from the “wound” made in the cake by slicing or, indeed, stabbing it with a knife.

Also, checking in with Helen:

and an older recipe: