Correspondence Games: Ability To Ask For Additional Time On Clock

Sometimes things come up after clock settings have been chosen :upside_down_face:. It would be nice if it were possible to ask for additional time to be added to a game clock. I’ve played many games where this would have been beneficial and gladly accepted by my opponent.

1 Like

Just to note, as a current workaround you can just pause the game (and still be able to place moves).

4 Likes

It would seem to me that pause isn’t even a work around, it IS this feature. Agree with the opponent that life has gotten in the way and you don’t want timer to dictate/end the game? Pause the timer…

2 Likes

I was completely unaware that Pause worked that way. Very cool! Thank you :grin:.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not super obvious :smiley:

Be aware, pause can be undone by either player at any time. Also, playing moves DOES NOT revoke the game pause. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What about vacation time?

I believe some tournaments can disable its use, though don’t quote me on that :stuck_out_tongue:

It isn’t a feature built into the site, at least not that I have ever located, but Tournaments regularly bar the use of Vacation time in the Tournament description. My tournaments do, because I strive to provide “Fast Correspondence Tournaments”. I picked the concept up from other groups who were doing it long before I came along.

2 Likes

Yes, as far as I know there is not a system feature that is supplied, tourney directors are just empowered to 1) Stipulate no vacation and 2) call games against a person who breaks this rule. AIUI.

1 Like