Creating a Design using Chinese Go

I may be writing in a wrong category here.
But hello, I am currently trying to design an WebGL interactive chinese go board.
I just wanted some advice and help on writing the code for the animation.
I don’t need an opponent to play the game, however,
I want to know how I can program it so I can click on a certain area/intersection on the board, and it would place a stone.
I am trying to design a visual way of showing “territory” controlled by the player and how it changes based on each stone.
Thank you so much!
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

I hate to break it to you, but this isn’t really going to be the place for in-depth programming lessons. This board is more for OGS-specific things (the Support category even more so, so I moved your topic to General.) While there are a decent number of developers on here, this is a very broad question that’s more or less asking “please teach me to code OpenGL”, which you can imagine would not be accomplished in a forum post.

I would recommend going through some online tutorials on your own, and perhaps asking a more specific question if you’re stuck along the way. However, I would also recommend maybe looking towards more programming-oriented sites like StackExchange. You’ll have a much wider audience of developers there.

1 Like

Yeah I thought so. Thank you for the reply tho.
I didn’t mean to be rude so I apologize.
But since it is a website looking for new developers, I just thought maybe it could be integrated in the website too.
(As a lesson/educational page for beginners.)
I did look online for some video tutorials and got stuck after creating the board and using onClick events.
I just thought I might get some tips on how I should do it from here.
Again thanks for the reply!

I don’t know if this is what you’re looking for, but there’s a nice repository on github for go-related code libraries that you can try using:

1 Like