CSS and Exposing Invite Functions

1. Is there a way to use CSS to modify, for example, a group page’s layout or is it restricted to HTML?

2. I was reading the OGS APIary to see if there was any way to get a python script to open OGS and Invite people to tournaments. Currently I do it manually and it takes a long time to get through even a few names. Could OGS create a way to invite members of a group to a tournament?

If I recall correctly group page info supports markdown and some limited inline css, certainly not all though. Font-size or color should probably work, positioning will probably not.

Group invites sound nice, in the meantime, any group post sends a banner notification so maybe that could help in getting people to join with less effort?

1 Like

If you can use some action on the site, them there’s a API call for it

The API is not well documented through. You have to dig through the code to find the right request.

I’m not sure, if I found the right line, you have to try.

and the members of a group
https://online-go.com/api/v1/groups/${group_id}/members

3 Likes

I guess what I meant by expose was that it would be available on the front-end.

Anyway, I’m using Selenium to navigate the site and invite players - it’s super basic. Just a list of strings where each one is a player’s name (haven’t figured out how to translate players’ names with emojis). There’s a loop in which the bot types in a name and then ‘clicks’ the invite button. Super basic, with no regard for rank or anything.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.