Dango - App for iOS & Android

Got it, thanks for the suggestion, I’ll consider it.
Currently, the submit button is used to prevent mistaken taps.

1 Like

You’re so smart, that’s exactly what I thought. :smile:

1. Dango the dumpling looks like Go stones and is very cute. It is used as my logo.
  2. “Dango” is a Go term. It’s quite interesting, although it doesn’t mean so good.
  3. Dan Go is also a pun
3 Likes

Hey, author of the Sente app here :wave: Congratulations on releasing the new app, I always welcome the opportunity to learn and mutually improve through competition!

Ironically, 4 months ago I switched to Flutter myself (as I moved to Dubai and flutter is in much more demand here). This is one of the reasons why I wasn’t so active with Sente recently, as my efforts have been focused on learning the new platform and also to build a new life here. I contemplated porting sente to flutter, but I couldn’t find the time.

Btw, is your app open source? I’d like to have a look at the code and, insha’Allah maybe even contribute a thing or two that I learned in the 8 years of developing Sente :smile:

11 Likes

Good choice!
I ll add that in french, dingo means crazy
And that:

Using this forum, as soon as i scroll a bit , both browser bars disappear… It seems to me that there are not that big difference between an app and a browser page for OGS, besides cosmetics.
An app could allow much deeper changes like time management on the client side but this looks very extreme and not compatible with OGS architecture.
It’s funny how opinion change. Some years ago people didn’t like to install a client (vs kgs) and asked for a direct access through the browser. Today it looks reverse, they ask an app for everything!

2 Likes

As being addict of watching games, that’s great news!
In that case there are 2 more things to get me using the app

• an edit mode when watching.
  • an option to hide the last move indicator.

Thanks, Alex. Your contributions to the OGS community over the past eight years have helped a lot of players. I think rewriting Sente is a lot of work and may take a few months.
Good to know you are using Flutter too. About making the project open source, I may do that in the future, but for now I want to focus on developing some new features and maybe refactoring some code (the code is not elegant, haha). If I upload it to GitHub someday, I’ll let you know :grin: Thanks again, Alex

Do you mean something like trying a variation? That has already been implemented. When analyzable (the bars at the bottom are “Previous”, “Next”, “Estimate”, etc., which also means that you are watching the game or waiting for the opponent to make a move), click on the board directly, and stones will appear.
If you want to go back to the game, tap previous until all tried stones disappear.

Got it, I’ll add this option.

2 Likes

Thanks!
I downloaded it on my M1 Mac Studio, and first thing I noticed is that when I want to move from the username field to the password field with TAB, as is usual for moving from one entry field to another on macOS as well as Windows and Linux, it just adds a space after the username, more TABs, more spaces, so I need to click, when I shouldn’t have to:

Curious to check out more :slightly_smiling_face:

</edit>
In a game, I can’t use the left/right keys for moving back/forth.
After quitting, I got a crash report of which I’ll show just the beginning:

crash report partial screenshot

/edit>

Thank you for your feedback. I need to apologize, the current version still only considers touch screen interaction, so these keyboard shortcuts are not implemented yet. Still needs some time, maybe next week I’ll try to develop some. :smile:

Thanks, I’ll try to look into it

2 Likes

Let me know if you want the complete crash report :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

New feature: Friends

With the “Friends” feature, you can:

• See the list of friends and whether they are online
  • Send friend requests to other players
  • Accept or reject friend requests from other players

Just update to the latest version to use it. :smile:
Or download via https://dangoapp.com

4 Likes