Delete my account?

Can a mod please delete my account? Or is it possible for me to do so?

Why would you like to do so?

I found another server that I prefer. I donā€™t like to leave accounts open online due to privacy reasons. I just resigned all of my games so that I wonā€™t leave anyone hanging if my account is deleted.

Which server, if you donā€™t mind me asking? What drew you to them other than us? If you have played games then we canā€™t delete them in order to maintain the record for the other player but we can deactivate it and prevent you from logging in.

Iā€™m a beginner and have found that I need more experience in synchronous games before I can play well asynchronously, so Iā€™m just going to KGS because they have far more synchronous players than here.

Deactivation is fine. Thank you!

You do realize OGS has real time (synchronous) games, right?

2 Likes

Hello. I also want my account deleted. Iā€™m really frustrated I canā€™t do it myself. Please fix this.

Name one Go server that allows you to delete your account and Iā€™ll be your number one advocate.

2 Likes

Done! If you ever come back, just drop us a message, and we can re-activate your old account. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also want to erase my account. Anyone can help me?

Once youā€™ve played games we canā€™t delete your account in order to preserve history for other players. If you want you can change your password to something and then lose it.

ok, thanks!

Yes . On KGS, we can say that deleting a account is ā€œpossibleā€.
Very simple :
I can create a new account. And, bye the way, all the old games are deleted. ^^ (On KGS i am use to create a new account every year )

Thank you for OGS ! Its a very nice place, with a very nice designā€¦
butā€¦ very often, OGS make big mistakes when it calculate points for game with SEKI : OGS says that i loosed a game and its wrong.
On KGS, i am 7K or 6 K and on OGS i am 11 K.
I would like to create a new account on OGS because, i want to delete this games with wrong resultsā€¦ Thanks for your help ! : (and sorry for my english, i am french)
NB;On OGS, create a new account is not possible for me.
The response is that" i have too much accounts" And I cannot find the old account, because i didnā€™t remember their names. So, i dont know what to doā€¦

All old games can be found on KGS archives. The games are not deleted after they are invisible in a players profile.

can you plese delete my account.

Iā€™m not interested in playing here anymore.

it was bad with no open phone app, now with adds is even worse.

good luck with the business

As I said in a previous message, we donā€™t delete accounts. You could always change your password and then forget it.

Other than that I guess the only thing I can say is ĀÆ\(惄)/ĀÆ

1 Like

This is silly that you can not delete your own account!
I am frustrated with OGS advertising and the side makes me mad too.
For history reason is a poor argument.

Other than that I guess the only thing I can say is å‡ø(^_^)å‡ø

1 Like

Some sites allow account deletion, some donā€™t (DGS, for example). Some even delete accounts when nobody asks them to. :slight_smile: But records of rated games are are usually kept anyway.

But why whould you want to delete it? If you are mad, itā€™s much better to write in your profile why you are mad and describe in great detail just how wrong the site is and why nobody should ever play on it. All in nice bold capital letters. Then lock the account with a nice random password, some 20 symbols long, so noone can login into it accidentaly. So it will be sitting there forever, as a warning for future generations, and your nickname is guaranteed not to be reused eventually by some OGS fan (something that easily can happen when accounts ARE deleted - ask IGS users about that).

2 Likes

As @matburt has already explained, it is technically impossible to remove an account due to the attached game records, which cannot reasonably be taken away from the opponentsā€™ profiles.

It is also a nonsensical function, because the user can simply erase all information associated with the account, including the account name itself, leaving nothing but an abstract shell with a user id.

That being said, maybe this is a case in which some users will feel better if they just have ā€œsomething thereā€ that they can click, with a nice message that says ā€œyour account is no longerā€, which they can print out and stick in a photo frame.

You could accurately name this function ā€œClose Accountā€.

1 Like

Or ā€œPerma-lock Accountā€?