Diplomatic Go 🗡 The First Game

At least right now, HHG has more territory than I do. Remember that capturing stones doesn’t gain points, so even if I manage to capture your group, I only have 7 points of territory.

In contrast, if HHG captures B3 and B6, the white territory is about 10 points.

2 Likes

Also, it’s not necessarily territory yet: even if you get eliminated, with three remaining opponents le_4TC needs 4 eyes to stay alive.

Shush, it’s common knowledge that an eyespace of size 7 is impossible to kill :wink:

2 Likes

Not unconditionally :wink:

Getting off-topic, but I’ll just leave this here: http://www.goproblems.com/prob.php3?id=1336

1 Like

Round 12 has ended

Here is what happened:

First choices

• white@HHG and red@le_4TC collided with their first choices at B2
  • black@Haze_with_a_Z’s first choice was at D8, colliding with a preexisting stone.
  • blue@Vsotvep and yellow@李建澔2 successfully placed at their first choices, A6 and F1, respectively.

Second choices

• white@HHG, red@le_4TC, and black@Haze_with_a_Z placed their second choices successfully at A2, C1, and B2, respectively.
  • The single black stone at B6 is captured.
  • The two white stones at C2 and C3 are captured, since they are an “old” chain.
  • The two black stones at B2 and B3 are not captured, since they are a “new” chain, and regained liberties from the captured “old” chain.

Round 13 has begun and will end on 2020-09-01T00:00:00Z

Just to be clear, here is the current board state:

Editable board

6 Likes

@HHG has dropped out of the game

white@HHG informed me that they are not be able to continue playing in this game.

The replacement player @martin3141 will take over the white stones.

@Vsotvep, @le_4TC, @Haze_with_a_Z, @李建澔2, please contact the new player to establish a new private message thread with them. Also, please share your old communications with @HHG with @martin3141.

@HHG is no longer participating in this game and should no longer send any messages, suggest any moves, or otherwise attempt influence the remainder of the game.

2 Likes

sup martin!

2 Likes

Hello and have a nice game everybody!

3 Likes

Reminder to all, Round 13 will end at 2020-09-01T00:00:00Z.

By the way, since @martin3141 just joined, they will get three “extra days” to work with, even though HHG used up all of theirs.

3 Likes

Wait I think you should give everyone three lives to make it fair

Almost forgot this existed and didn’t sub moves. Will go do that now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Round 13 has ended

Here is what happened:

black@Haze_with_a_Z and blue@Vsotvep collided with their first choice at H8, however they both successfully played at their second choices. All other players got their first choice.

Stones at B1 and E1 were captured. Note that the stones played at A1 and D1 are “new chains” while B1 and E1 were “old chains”.

Round 14 has begun and will end on 2020-09-02T00:00:00Z

Just to be clear, here is the current board state:

Editable board

6 Likes

Round 14 has ended

Here is what happened:

• Stones at E1, J1 and J2 are “new chains” and are not captured (despite having no liberties, since other “old chains” will be removed first).
  • The other chains without liberties are “old chains” and captured.

Here is the result and current board position:

Editable board

Round 15 has begun and will end on 2020-09-03T00:00:00Z

2 Likes

Well, that went almost according to my plan, except for 李建澔 playing at J2…

vsotvep, will you please play j7 next turn?

Why?

Great, now le_4TC is comfortably in the lead. I don’t see a way to change that anymore.

I have slightly more “territory” but less secure eye-shape compared to you and Vsotvep. The game is far from over!

Some has to capture my stone.I will have to make a move on eye spaces.