Official Thread for the first game of Diplomatic Go
This game began on 2020-08-11T00:00:00Z
Thank you all for playing in this pilot game!
Rules and general discussion about the variant can be found here: Diplomatic Go [variant]
Summary of Game Rules (see other thread for full details)
- This is a five-player, correspondence Go variant played on a 9x9 board.
- Each player uses a unique color of stones, as listed above in the player list.
- The game is divided into rounds of play, each lasting 24 hours, but they may be flexibly extended if a player misses the deadline (and has not already done so 3 times before).
- Players may publicly and privately discuss among themselves to negotiate and formulate plans, and to scheme and forge alliances, if they wish. However, nothing said in these discussions is binding.
- Before the deadline in each round, moves should be privately submitted to the arbiter, who will then execute them as simultaneous board plays, which may result in simultaneous capturing in some cases.
- Colliding moves are possible and will be resolved by going to the second and third choices (as needed) listed in the contingency moves submitted by the players.
- Play ends after all players pass, or if the board state repeats three times.
- The goal is to achieve the largest area score.
Note to Spectators
Please do not discuss this specific game (publicly or with any of the players), and do not attempt to influence this game in any way (e.g., please do not participate in this thread until the game is over). If you want to join the private kibitz thread, please PM me and I will add you. Note: I plan to request the mods to make the kibitz thread public after the game has finished. Further, if you join the kibitz thread, you will not be eligible to be a replacement player (if one is needed in this game).