Diplomatic Go 🗡 The First Game

Very cool! E3 has become the first stone that can possibly be captured with only two people collaborating.

Oi, this is not the kibitz channel!

From now on, I’ll be removing any posts from this thread not made by @yebellz or one of the players.

3 Likes

Reminder to all spectators

Please do not post in this game thread, and do not discuss this game publicly and/or with the players.

I don’t want any outside comments to affect the game, since it is up to only the players involved to figure out how to play and influence each other through discussion

If you want to chat about the game, please message me and I can add you to the private kibitz thread, where several of us are already discussing the game in a private spectators’ channel.

1 Like

I click on bugcat and nothing shows up :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, because I deleted the post, as I said.

Anyways, any thoughts about the game so far? I think HHG is getting a bit cramped, 李建澔 is very easy to disconnect, le_TC can expect at least one of us to play at D4 as well, I think.

I’m expecting some company in the top right corner any time now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Round 3 has ended

Here is what happened:

red@le_4TC and yellow@李建澔2 collided on their first choice at F3, but successfully placed at their second choices. The other three players got their first choice.

Round 4 has begun and will end on 2020-08-17T00:00:00Z

Just to be clear, here is the current board state:

Editable board

3 Likes

To make discussions easier, let’s call a stone in n-atari, if it needs the collaboration of n people to kill it.

It looks like Haze has a stone in 1-atari and two stones in 2-atari! Very dangerous position to be in… My own stone at D7 is also in 2-atari, and HHG has the C5 stones in 3-atari!

It’s getting exciting!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Diplomatic Go [variant]

The suspense is real…

Round 4 has ended

Here is what happened:

All players got their first choice. The stone at C7 has been captured.

Round 5 begun and will end on 2020-08-18T00:00:00Z

Just to be clear, here is the current board state:

Editable board

Sorry for the delay. I lost track of time.

7 Likes

First blood!

Haze in ever more trouble, it seems, le_4TC and Vagabond fighting over the same area, it’s a very vibrant game type

you seem to be confident in destroying me :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry to turn that around on you

1 Like

Wait you can place stones yourself?

What do you mean?

Edit: @李建澔2 clarified via PM that they were talking about the editable board actually being an editable board, rather than any sort of move processing error, as I had initially thought they were implying.

1 Like

And maybe we should clarify that it’s editable for everyone locally, so your changes will not be seen by anyone else viewing that page (but you can share the link to your edited version with someone to show them a snapshot of that board, which they then can continue editing separately from you). Basically it’s a tool to visualize different variations for yourself, or to share some proposed variation with another player, NOT an official record of the game, so don’t be afraid to play things out on that board, you’re not messing anything up for someone else!

2 Likes

Before doing this, press the “link” button, or the link will not be of the edited version, but of the original.

Also, I’m considering any suggestions to improve it (if I find it worth my time to implement :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Round 5 has been extended by 24 hours

The new deadline is now 2020-08-19T00:00:00Z

@HHG has also been deducted an “extra day” and now has 1 extra day left.

All players may continue discussion and change their moves if they wish.

There will be no second extension. Failing to submit by the extended deadline will result in your move being counted as a pass.

Malkovich and Kibitz Logs

Since a lot of the intrigue in this game occurs within the private discussions between the players, I think it would interesting to eventually (after the game) reveal insights about what was going on in those discussions/interactions.

Hence, I propose that all players keep a Malkovich Log, which is a private diary where you write down your thoughts about the game, with the intention of revealing these notes after the game is finished. Note: you can set up a private log by sending a private message to only yourself via these forums.

In addition, I think it could also be interesting to have a sort of Kibitz Log, which is like a Malkovich Log, but also shared with all of the spectators in the kibitz thread. This would be implemented by having each player submit their “Kibitz Log” entries to me via private message (in the move submission PM thread), and I will copy-paste those log entries into the Kibitz thread. Of course, these log entries should be treated with the utmost confidentiality by all of the spectators, and the information flow via these Kibitz logs should be strictly one directional (only from the players to the spectators).

I am distinguishing between these two things (Kibitz Log vs Malkovich Log), since some players might want to hold back some information (due to concerns about sensitivity and/or suspense), however, a player could also choose to treat both logs as the same. Further, all of this is completely optional, and each player does not have to write anything, but I do hope that everyone at least keeps a Malkovich Log in order to share their thoughts after the game.

EDIT: Just wanted to note that I have not shared (in the Kibitz thread) any exact information about the players’ submitted moves before any round ends. This is just to provide some suspense and preserve a degree of confidentiality. However, players are free to reveal their intentions and submitted moves in their Kibitz Log posts, should they wish to do so. Again, spectators should keep the details reported in the Kibitz Logs strictly secret.

2 Likes

Round 5 has ended

Here is what happened and the current board state:

There were no collisions, every player got their first choice.

Editable board

Round 6 has begun and will end on 2020-08-20T00:00:00Z

2 Likes

Anyone else having trouble reading even two moves ahead?

2 Likes