Diplomatic Go 🗡 The Second Game

End of Round 46

Everyone managed to play their first choice.

Any player with 19 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 47.
All players enter Round 47 with at least 20 stones, and therefore are not eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC J11
image@PiggyStardust A3
image@Haze_with_a_Z H10
image@yebellz H12

Round 47

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 21 or more stones on the board.

Round 47 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-12-16T21:00:00Z

Current number of stones per player:

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 29
image@PiggyStardust 39
image@Haze_with_a_Z 26
image@yebellz 39
3 Likes

End of Round 47

image@yebellz and image@PiggyStardust placed the stones of their first choice, while image@Haze_with_a_Z and image@le_4TC collided for their first choice. image@Haze_with_a_Z managed to place their second choice, while image@le_4TC collided for the stone placed as a first choice by image@PiggyStardust and ended up playing their therd choice.

The old stone at image H11 and the new stone at image K12 both have no liberties and are removed from the board.

Any player with 20 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 48.
All players enter Round 48 with at least 21 stones, and therefore are not eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC J8 K12 K11
image@PiggyStardust K12
image@Haze_with_a_Z J8 H7
image@yebellz G11

Round 48

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 21 or more stones on the board.

Round 48 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-12-17T21:00:00Z

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 30
image@PiggyStardust 38
image@Haze_with_a_Z 27
image@yebellz 40
3 Likes

In the absence of a move submission from @Haze_with_a_Z , Round 48 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-12-18T21:00:00Z

End of Round 48

Everyone managed to place their first choice.

Any player with 20 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 49.
All players enter Round 49 with at least 21 stones, and therefore are not eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC H11
image@PiggyStardust C4
image@Haze_with_a_Z J8
image@yebellz H5

Round 49

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 22 or more stones on the board.

Round 49 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-12-19T21:00:00Z

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 31
image@PiggyStardust 39
image@Haze_with_a_Z 28
image@yebellz 41
4 Likes

End of Round 49

Everyone managed to place their first choice.

Any player with 21 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 50.
All players enter Round 50 with at least 22 stones, and therefore are not eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC K12
image@PiggyStardust C1
image@Haze_with_a_Z H6
image@yebellz H4

Round 50

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 22 or more stones on the board.

Round 50 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-12-21T21:00:00Z

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 32
image@PiggyStardust 40
image@Haze_with_a_Z 29
image@yebellz 42
5 Likes

I should have made the “how many times will Vsotvep mess up the deadline?” a drinking game.

2 Likes

I didn’t even realise that I forgot to update the game yesterday o.o

4 Likes

End of Round 50

image@PiggyStardust played their first choice.
image@Haze_with_a_Z and image@le_4TC collided with each other for their first choice, but both managed to play their second choice.
image@yebellz collided with a previously existing stone for their first choice, but managed to play the second choice at the place where image@Haze_with_a_Z and image@le_4TC tried to place their first stone.

The stone at image K5 has no liberties and thus is removed from the board.

Any player with 21 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 51.
All players enter Round 51 with at least 22 stones, and therefore are not eliminated.

After first move:

After second move:

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC J3 Pass
image@PiggyStardust A5
image@Haze_with_a_Z J3 K4
image@yebellz J2 J3

Round 51

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 23 or more stones on the board.

Round 51 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-12-22T21:00:00Z

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 31
image@PiggyStardust 41
image@Haze_with_a_Z 30
image@yebellz 43
4 Likes

There are still three unclaimed points between Piggy and yebellz, but yebellz is ahead even if Piggy gets all of them, so I propose that we end the game here, with the following ranking:

1. @yebellz
  2. @PiggyStardust
  3. @le_4TC
  4. @Haze_with_a_Z

To all the remaining players: Do you agree to this ranking? (feel free to discuss before voting)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

(just in case: votes in the above poll are not binding, so please confirm in your PM if you actually wish to accept the score as well)

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure from how we worded the rules whether anyone could just make a binding poll. Confirming via PM sounds like a good idea. But it would still be useful if everybody could vote in the poll. If somebody does not agree, it would be good to start the discussion right away :slightly_smiling_face:

(I’m not being strategic here, the next few moves surely don’t matter at all, so it makes no difference to the game if we discuss the end result now or in two weeks)

3 Likes

End of Round 51 and of the Game

All players accepted the following ranking or were eliminated, thus the game is hereby concluded. In the end the score is thusly:

1st place image@yebellz
2nd place image@PiggyStardust
3rd place image@le_4TC
4th place image@Haze_with_a_Z
5th place image@Leira / image@Maharani
6th place image@martin3141
7th place image@Sanonius / image@bugcat
8th place image@Gia / image@kingkaio

Thank you to all players for this nice game :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The Kibitz Garden has now opened to the wider public.

4 Likes

Congratulations to everyone above me! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for playing everybody! And thanks @Vsotvep for being our referee!

:pig2::star:

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

I hope my tardiness in the later rounds can be excused… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I forgot this post… It made me chuckle out loud once again now that I’m scrolling through the tread again

5 Likes

Thanks to all the players and especially @Vsotvep!

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for playing, especially to the replacements who all picked up tough positions to deal with, which shaped their fate before they even joined.

A very big thank you to @Vsotvep for organizing and adjudicating!

5 Likes

Gg yall!!!

Thanks for hosting Vsotvep!

Thanks for playing everyone who played!

5 Likes